Peterson P-Lip

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ajn27511":894cgfts said:
Dutch: That's an interesting point of view. 8) Hadn't considered that. Thanks for responding.
AJ
AJ, some guys feel that the roof of their mouth is more sensitive to bite than their tongue. Mine isn't, but you will never know until you smoke a P-lip. For me, it can give my tongue a break, but still allow me to smoke. Sometimes I tend to over do it on the weekend, and that is when my P-lip comes in handy the following day.

Here are a few pics of my favorite Pete. It's an XL21 "Captain Pete," and one of my favorite pipes for smoking English blends. I have been on the lookout for another just like it, but cannot seem to come across one anywhere. I picked this one up from a seller in Italy about 3 years ago.....

Dutch":97pe60rz said:
ajn27511":97pe60rz said:
Dutch: That's an interesting point of view. 8) Hadn't considered that. Thanks for responding.
AJ
AJ, some guys feel that the roof of their mouth is more sensitive to bite than their tongue. Mine isn't, but you will never know until you smoke a P-lip. For me, it can give my tongue a break, but still allow me to smoke. Sometimes I tend to over do it on the weekend, and that is when my P-lip comes in handy the following day.

Here are a few pics of my favorite Pete. It's an XL21 "Captain Pete," and one of my favorite pipes for smoking English blends. I have been on the lookout for another just like it, but cannot seem to come across one anywhere. I picked this one up from a seller in Italy about 3 years ago.....

Dutch

Just sent in a XL21 Kinsale to smokingpipes for their estates. Had probably 10 bowls through (broken in with PA for ~5 bowls, and after that ginnys). Found out this shape just wasn't for me after all, which was a great pity since I'm a Pete guy and had great hopes for this one. Just didn't work out that way. Smoked great and never a problem.
Go figure!

So watch the estates as it'll be up soon.

Cheers,

RR

Go for it Dutch. It's a great looking pipe. 8) 8)
AJ

I forgot how many Pete's I have but probably 5 of them are P-Lips. P-lip by itself I will go for, P-lip with a filter not a chance in heck. Just my preference. The P-lip is supposed to be no-bite but it realistically is the same as any others, it just directs the smoke up instead of onto your tongue. They seem to have a lot tighter draw than most fishtails, which can be problematic if you don't get the lip fully into your mouth. That's about all I got.