Peterson "P" logo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have personally sent pipes back to Peterson in Ireland. Bit there should be repair men put there with the original "P" logo. I would first call Tim West as he does a lot of stem work.

docwatson":9c9iv8ke said:
I have personally sent pipes back to Peterson in Ireland. Bit there should be repair men put there with the original "P" logo. I would first call Tim West as he does a lot of stem work.
Thanks, Doc. I was thinking about sending it to the factory, but I wanted to see whether anyone this side of the Atlantic stocked the logo or bits. Do you know how Tim West can be reached. I've not heard of him.

Airborne":fzvc7iwe said:
docwatson":fzvc7iwe said:
Thanks, Doc. I was thinking about sending it to the factory, but I wanted to see whether anyone this side of the Atlantic stocked the logo or bits. Do you know how Tim West can be reached. I've not heard of him.
http://www.jhlowe.com/

Milan":hn4j9tss said:
Airborne":hn4j9tss said:
docwatson":hn4j9tss said:
http://www.jhlowe.com/

Thanks, Milan!

I got a NOS 302 Standard system pipe a couple weeks ago, as it looked like the seller must have buffed the stem (probably oxidized from sitting around for so long) and all the white was gone for the P logo so I took some acrylic white paint and dabbed it on a wiped off the excess, it came out very nice.

Briar Boy":d4yukklh said:
I got a NOS 302 Standard system pipe a couple weeks ago, as it looked like the seller must have buffed the stem (probably oxidized from sitting around for so long) and all the white was gone for the P logo so I took some acrylic white paint and dabbed it on a wiped off the excess, it came out very nice.
Thanks for the info, Briar Boy. What I'll probably end up doing is sending it back to the factory to have the P replaced.

You know, I was at Uhle's the other day, and was checking out a Peterson bulldog. Much to my surprise, it was missing the "P" on the stem! It was definitely a Peterson and in the Peterson case, so I showed it to the owner. I thought of asking him for a reduction in the price, but reconsidered because I didn't want a deformed Peterson ... ;)

Check with the International Peterson Pipe Club online. Total Peterson folks over there and they will be able to get you set up for sure. 8)