Peterson question

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerrit_Jan

Reaction score
Good morning to you all,

I have a question about the Peterson 268 (Zulu). As I was looking to the marks I suddenly discovered the word "patent" on the shank. I took a look to my other Petersons but there is no one with the word "patent". On pipedia it is also not mentioned so I hope there is someone here who can help me. Has there been a period Peterson marked their pipes so, was there a revival or has this just happen occasionally??

Have a nice day

Gerrit Jan

The last of the Peterson Patents I'm familiar with dated 1923 by the hallmarks on the silver olive. BUT I believe that they've also made some "re-issues" of some of their old designs that include this marking. The difference will be in the other markings on it.

:face: 

Gerrit_Jan":4odjfoni said:
Good morning to you all,

I have a question about the Peterson 268 (Zulu). As I was looking to the marks I suddenly discovered the word "patent" on the shank. I took a look to my other Petersons but there is no one with the word "patent". On pipedia it is also not mentioned so I hope there is someone here who can help me. Has there been a period Peterson marked their pipes so, was there a revival or has this just happen occasionally??

Have a nice day

Gerrit Jan
Try asking the folks over at the I.P.P.C.  site as they know everything about Pete's !!! :twisted: 
http://btheinternationalpetersonpipeclub.runboard.com/

Good morning to you all,

I got the answer. In 1990 Peterson released a limited edition with the mark "patent".