Peterson Queston

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoked

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I picked up an estate Pete the other day and it is stamped Peterson Vintage. I have searched and cannot find reference to that line. Anyone know?

Also I have a hallmark question. The three hallmarks are hibernia, rose, m (1978). From what I read online the 2nd hallmark should be for silver quality but I can't find reference to a rose. Anyone know?

Yep, that's where I found the year and place of production, just not the middle hallmark of a rose

Yeah, thanks Gents. I exhausted those info sources to get where I am. I did send off an email to Peterson although there are likely alot of guys with similar questions out there as Peterson has been around for a while and has changed markings repeatedly, though not consistently. In any case I am really enjoying the pipe immensely.

I got a quick response from Peterson - they rock! I asked about two pipes I recently acquired:

http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/pad-tad-f22/lucky-pad-purchase-t7190.htm

Here was my answer:

Dear Jamie

Thank you for your email.

With regard to the “Vintage” pipe, we produced a “once off” Vintage Series for our Italian distributor, Lubinski srl, so it seems that you have one of these pipes.

The Meerschaum pipe you describe sounds like it made be one of a regular series that were available for many years – see attached PDF which was scanned from an old brochure.

I hope this information is of help.

I don't know how to attach the pdf here but I can email it to anyone interested for dating their peterson meers.

Peterson is fabulous with their customer service. Every once in a while a quality control issue will pop up with one of their pipes but they are very quick to rectify and meet the needs of customers. Really refreshing these days.

Here's the brochure:

old%20peterson%20meers.JPG