Peterson stand

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPUD 15

Reaction score
Ive always liked pipe racks but have found that they are one size fits all. have been making wood and Lexan pipe racks single and multiple for many years and Like BH I enjoy using scrap products when available for myself, and most of the processes are done by hand, of course when I am making any product for someone other than myself I used new components. This 12 pipe rack is made from an old used round oak stool seat and three IMI 308 shell casings. The legs were made from the shell casings which had the used primer removed and replaced wiith a hard fel pad.The stool was finished with a med walnut stain and waxed with carnuba. The rack measures 11" in width and 3.5" in dept x 7" tall. I designed it to hold 7 i/ to full bent on the bottom row and 5 straight pipes on the top. Ley me know what you think thanks MIKE

Sorry for the one sideways picture I rotated it but it did not transfer.

Nice work, as usual, Mike. 8) Peterson would be so proud to use those in retail locations!

I would probably get sued. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

The raised Peterson is part of the stool darkend black with a sharpie everything behind it has been rusticated. MIKE

SPUD 15":xl0zdueu said:
I would probably get sued. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
...not if you offered to make them as an officially-licensed product! :cheers:

It definately has a POP look to it! I like how you recycled an oak stool top for the base !! Now you need to figure out how to use the legs from the stool for a rack :p

monbla256":akvwuw4g said:
It definately has a POP look to it! I like how you recycled an oak stool top for the base !! Now you need to figure out how to use the legs from the stool for a rack :p

You can always use the legs cut between 1/2"-1" for legs on the stand. MIKE

Nice work! Very interesting design. I like the levered use of pipe stand section, and the rubberized lever slots.

Spud, you've got got the rack knack. Nice work.

Thanks guys I've been making racks, stands, tampers and such off and on and hanging pipes by the stems ( except Calabashes ) for quite some time. I use lexan which is alot harder to work with than plexiglass but it will last a lifetime as it is 250 times stronger than glass and about 20 times stronger than plexiglass. MIKE

Plexiglass is a pain: brittle, cracks, whines, complains... :lol: Lexan is far superior. Expensive, but better. 8)

Thats a great idea for a pipe rack, I love it...keep up the great work.