Peterson stems

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
Who can do Peterson replacement stems?  My Mycroft is the only one of my Petersons that doesn't have a P-lip and I've always been sorry about that; I ordered it overseas; it was supposed to have a P-lip but came in with a fantail.  Anyway I'd like to have it redone; I'd prefer someone who can do the silver P logo but I guess that wouldn't be a deal breaker.  Any suggestions on who I should contact?  Thanks...

IMG_0782.jpg

I would contact Peterson. Might cost a bit more to get done, but you would get a properly fitting P-lip.

DrumsAndBeer":eqiqgidv said:
I would contact Peterson. Might cost a bit more to get done, but you would get a properly fitting P-lip.
That would be my first thought as well.

smokingpipes once offered replacement Peterson stems, and while this posting is obsolete they might still be able to help-

https://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=125562

You could also try this site. I've done biz with them several times over the years and their CS is without equal. Ask for Kris -

https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/categories/peterson-replacement-mouthpieces

HTH

btw, I have that very same Sherlock Holmes Mycroft with a P-lip. One of my favorite Pete's. Got it around '01.

Cheers,

RR

A new Pete once arrived with a cracked mouthpiece. The e-tailer said they couldn't help, and I'd have to deal directly with Pete. Pete was very helpful ... And fast! The woman's name that I e-mailed with was Mary something. One suggestion -- if given the option of them sending you a replacement, or of you sending the pipe and having them do the work, choose the latter. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. Good suggestion on Black Swan; I too have dealt with them and they are terrific. I sent Kris an email asking for advice; we'll see if he also suggests contacting Peterson.

This was the only guy I found listed and authorized by Peterson in the U.S. But this was several years ago; I wouldn't be surprised to find that he's retired or something. My understanding is that getting the shank/stem taper perfect is a bit of a problem for anyone without specialized tools, mandrels, whatever they're called. I wouldn't mind a new one for my 309.

Schulte's Pipe Repair Service
678 Old Dixie Highway
Vero Beach
FL 32962
U. S. A.
Phone: 772 564 0079

I recently dealt with Peterson directly and the customer service was outstanding. I'm sure you can purchase a P-Lip stem directly from them. Not only was my Pete replaced I was sent a nice gift for my troubles :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Definitely send to Peterson's in Ireland. It's your best option for a list of reasons. (Trust me)

btw, overseas mailing isn't nearly the hassle you're probably imagining.

Kris at Black Swan gave me a contact at Blakemar Briars in the UK; however, they replied they only have stems for the system pipes, and suggested contacting Peterson direct. That made sense to me anyway; if I'm going to ship oversea I might as well go to Peterson. The Blakemar guy gave me a contact at Peterson and I have emailed; will see what they say.

Blakemar might make sense for your 309 though. Let me know if you'd like the contact info.

Here's the contact info I have on file.

If you don't hear back, try this:

Kapp & Peterson Limited
T/A Peterson of Dublin
Peterson House
Sallynoggin
Co. Dublin
IRELAND

Tel: +353-1-2851011

Fax: +353-1-2856593

Web: www.peterson.ie