Peterson Sweet Killarney

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumball

Reaction score
My first bowl of Peterson Sweet Killarney. The tin blurb promises 'A unique mixture of selected tobaccos including Virginia, Burley and Maryland leaf with some Black Cavendish and topped with a cream caramel flavor. To make this wonderful tobacco even more attractive, it is blended with hand-rubbed Virginia flake which results in a fantastic aroma.'

The aroma when opening the tin are very sweet and caramel, with a deeper note of treacle and licorice as well. The tobacco did not seem moist in the tin, and smoked nicely without any bite (I am using a filter pipe). I was expecting these flavours to come through quite strongly in the smoke, but to be honest they seemed almost non existent in the mouth and room note.

I tried something a little different with my second bowl...and got worse results. I packed my pipe this morning a left it all day. Smoked it this evening and got an unpleasant chemical tang at the bottom of the bowl. Still no caramel/sweet taste or room note to speak of.