Peterson Tobaccos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish Flake is a favorite of mine. It has good tobacco flavor and a bit peppery like a cigar can be. Like a really mild maduro maybe? Goes well with stronger ales, coffee or tea. I don't think whiskey would end well mixed with the nic punch. The flakes are small and I would try it dried and lightly rubbed in a smaller pipe (cobs work well). I'll mix a half flake with straight Virginias from time to time to get some of the flavor of its "dark fired" tobaccos.

I would probably really like Storm Front... Irish Flake may be doing an Irish jig and reel in the vicinity of cigar based blends? I may sacrifice a few of my cigars to my own concoction.

University and Perfect Plug are next on my Peterson wish list.

This reminds me. I'm stuck at work and my pipe's at home. :cry:

ScurvyDog":dvitdi9u said:
Having my first bowl of university flake... I like it! I was afraid that is was going to be too fruity or flavored, because of the tin odor. But it is very very subtle. I still think I like FVF a little better, but I will make this apart of my rotation.
Good to hear, I have a tin of this waiting to be opened :D

I have tried Irish Oak and was not a fan. Sat is aside for a while tried it again, better but still does not trip my trigger. So I have it cellar-ed for now. will try it again in about a year. This was also my first "tin" of tobacco I purchased, about 6 months ago.

I like University, Irish Flake and Peterson's Perfect Plug.

I haven't tried the others.

Irish Flake is my favorite Pete blend. University flake is second with 3P coming in third. I like strong tobacs but now and then I want a tad of sweet. IF and 3P provide strength and UF and 3P provide some sweet. IF has just a tad of sweet and some nice fruitiness (apple?).