Peterson's Irish Whiskey

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepesdad1

Reaction score
Just tried another bowl of Peterson's Irish Whishkey (drunk already) in a meerschaum...finally got the taste and flavors others rave about. Pretty good in all. Smoked the first bowl in a briar and it seemed hot with not a lot of flavor. I'm normally prefer Lane's 1Q as a regular all-day-long smoke...but this is pretty good. My only problem is the town I live in has two (2) cigar stores with a whoppin 5 tins of tobacco between the two of them. Not a lot of choice. Guess it is to the internet I go for my orders.

I live 30 minutes north of Tally and can appreciate your lack of selection regarding tobacco. Even though you didn't actually ask for a suggestion on buying tobacco on-line I'll give you one anyway. I buy all my tobacco from Smoking Pipes and have nothing but good things to say about them. Good selection and prompt shipping. Good luck.

ED_X":7g0cacsf said:
I live 30 minutes north of Tally and can appreciate your lack of selection regarding tobacco.
Ain't that the sad truth--are you in Havana? It's a crime that a place with that name is so lacking in decent toby!

I went back to Tally for a visit about a year and a half ago and Jerry's had hardly any pipes left, to say nothing of tobacco. I don't recall him ever carrying a lot of tins, but yikes, I don't think they had anything but some ancient bulk stuff. Then the place in the mall must be long gone (Smoke'n'Snuff, I think it was called)...I heard there was a decent cigar place, maybe in Market Square, but obviously it's hit or miss if such places will actually carry pipe tobacco.

As for online, I also likes pipesandcigars.com, and while they have a limited selection, the prices on stuff they do have can't be beat at jrcigars.com...happy hunting, all!

Thanks Ed-x. that is who I plan to order from. GrampaGrossbart. re: Jerry's, they had one (1) Peterson on the wall and that is all. Went back the next day to purchase it....gone...bare walls. Said he was having a distributor problem...yeah, I guess so..no pipes since January...then he gets in a load of crap $20.00 pipes that look like $5.00 pipes. No tobacco selection, except his own which turns out to be Lane's 1-Q (He told me so). The place in Market Square had two of the five tins in Tally.
So thanks all for the help.

Cigars are pure money for tobacco shops. There are zero pipe shops where I live. The owner of the local Tinder Box is a pipe guy but they only have bulk rebranded Lane type tobaccos. I wish they would at least carry good American brands like GLP or McC.

How was the nic level on the Irish Whiskey? What size meerschaum did you use?

Herewardsaid: "How was the nic level on the Irish Whiskey? What size meerschaum did you use?"

The nicotine level is mild. I notice that smoking it in a briar it is much stronger in flavor and intensity (not wonderful) but in a meerschaum it is great. I tried posting a picture of the meerschaum, but for some reason it won't upload. It is a medium to smallish sized bowl.

Used to like this some 10+ yrs ago. Haven't had it in all that time.

Got in a tin a few yrs ago but haven't opened it. Need to get a round tuit!

Cheers,

RR