Peterson's Kildare,, a reason to own one.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
Last night, I was reading ,for the 2nd time, a book called ,,
"How the Irish saved Civilization, by Thomas Cahill.
(Excellent read, especially if you are Irish)

Anyhow, (and some of you probably already know this)
Kildare , means " Church of the Oak",, where a female convert of St Patrick, ruled as "High abbess of an immense double monastery" (took in men and women, which wasnt normal at the time either)
Her Monastery began as a sort of green martyrdom under a huge oak, the sacred tree of the druids,, thus Kildare ,, Church of the Oak.
Her name was Brigid of Kildare.
All this at a time when Roman Catholics would not have been very pleased with a woman holding this position.

So,,, I shall add to my list of Peterson Must Haves,,a model from the Kildare Line. To honor "Brigid of Kildare", a convert of St. Patrick.

I cant help it, I'm Irish. :roll: :D

Yet your avatar has a picture of what looks like a Scottish Border Collie! Me thinks you should have an Irish Setter! ;)

Just goofing, and hoping you'll tell us more about your Border Collie! I had one through the eighties and nineties and still miss him to this day. :cry:

Brothers of the Briar demand you get one. You owe to yourself. And the bros.

Well, If you want a new pipe, that's as silly a reason as any to choose from,
and I've come up with some with silly reasons to buy new pipes, believe me!
So go for it! :cheers:

lager86,
My dog,, yep, she is a dandy ! She is my second Border Collie.
My first was 12 years old when he passed, and he worked cattle quite well, he also hunted rabbits and birds . He was with me everyday for 12 years, then I left him home to guide up in Idaho one fall,, and that was the last time I saw him alive.

It took me 3 or 4 years , to get to where I figured I could give a new dog a fair shake, without expecting too much, to be like my old dog.

But,, she is as smart as my other dog was. she knows ,,lets see,??? 14 commands,
and probably more that I dont realize, as she "reads" me .
alot of times she knows what I'm going to do before I do it.
She is the boss of the place here,,, :D

Very intelligent dogs ! I couldnt have a different breed. I'd expect too much.