Peterson's limited edition trilema. Potentialy quadrilema!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mordechaj

Reaction score
Hi there. :)

I can't decide between Peterson's Special Reserve Limited Edition 2005., 2007., or the 2009. Christmas Blend so I'd like to hear your thoughts on these blends.

I'm afraid they could be too aromatic for me since I prefer the tobacco taste of MacBaren's Navy Flake, or Peterson's Irish oak, Old dublin, Perfect plug or a Sherlock Holmes, and the strongest aromatic that I like would be the Sail Black. (Others would be peterson's Plumcake and McBaren's Dark twist)

Since limited edition tins are ~30$ here, and I'm on a tight budget should I risk having a burning lollipop in my pipe for that money, or should I go safe and get the Dark twist for 20$? (same mass)

If I was you I'd steer clear of Peterson tobaccos if topping isn't to your taste. I haven't had a single tobacco from them that isn't topped. Their University and Irish Flakes I think are very good, but they too are topped. Their Peterson Perfection Plug has what I'd call a "holiday/spice" topping, which put me off, and their Christmas blends would seem to lean in the same category or one like it.

Try looking on tobaccoreviews.com for what the reviewers say.

Thanks for the reply. :)

No, I like their topping on the 3P and the Navy Flake but I'm not sure how strongly aromatized those special editions are.

There's very few reviews of those tobaccos on the tobaccoreviews - that's where I looked first.