Peterson's Sherlock Holmes ...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Fox

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm planning my next purchase 3months in advance. I got a really good deal on some mason jars. I'm very fond of Peterson's Sherlock Holmes. I'm looking for it or something very similar in bulk. I've checked on 4noggins and my local B&M won't tell me who makes their bulk Holmes mix. Any suggestions?

AFAIK you cannot buy Peterson's Sherlock Holmes bulk. Tin only. Any bulk offering isn't Peterson's.

I'm aware Peterson's isn't sold in bulk. My local B&M sells a house blend that tastes very similar. They just refuse to tell me who they order from. They like being a middle man and know that if they give me the name, I'll order bulk online instead of paying them!

I know they order it from someone cause I saw the bag... I just couldn't read the brand name while he was refilling the jar. :evil:

Can you describe the taste, smell, and what the blend looks like? That may help.

The "Holmes" blend looked very similar to Peterson's, only not as orangery red. It also tasted sharper... stronger, uhm ... less mellowed. This isn't easy to describe.
The "Holmes" was a little browner.
My wife says the room note on Peterson's is far stronger than that of "Holmes".
(Mrs Fox says, both give her migraines, but the Peterson's is worse.)