Photos from the NY Pipe Show 12/04/10

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoverPipes

Reaction score
Here are a few pics that I took at the NY Pipe Show at the Wyndham @ Newark Airport. The show to be quite honest, was not all that well attended. The show this past Spring, had a much better turn out even with the torential downpours and freezing temps. No idea what happened with yesterdays show. Bad economy? Holidays? Oh well, I went as did Skaukatt (Lou aka the "Grand Poobah" of the NY Pipe Club.)

For your viewing pleasure...........

Our very own Skaukatt (Lou Carbone on right) representing the NY Pipe Club

Out of all of Tim Hynick's pipes, this was my favorite. Maybe Santa will take notice!

Really nice Roush!

Steve Monjure's huge selection of Ardor Pipes.

The legend himself!!!! Russ Ouellette from Hearth & Home Tobacco. Russ was handing out samples of all of his H&H Blends. You could take as much as you wanted :affraid: . I grabbed a bunch of VA's & VaPers. Russ is one of the greats in the pipe world! (WWW.PIPESANDCIGARS.COM)

Here is a lovely example of a pipe specially designed to smoke nothing but WALNUT! :p

I have to say, these pipes by Kulpinski, were definitely unusual to say the least. No idea how they smoke, but they sure look wild!

Very nice Dover. Thanks for posting. It's always interesting to have pics from pipe shows and gatherings. :D

Thanks for sharing dover...some beutifull pieces there. I had really hoped to make it to this show since I enjoyed the last one, but it was a toss up between the pipe show and a jiu jitsu tournament in Asbury Park, NJ. Once my wife decided she wanted to participate in the tournament as well, for all intents and purposes the decision was already made for me. ;)

Many thanks for all the photos, looks like about every design possible has been made by somebody, sometime or another, I guess if you can think about it, it's already been done.

Thanks Dover for that walk through the toyshop.

By the way, what are those pipes in the second and third photos? They look really nice.

Hey Sean, thanks for the photos! That's a great lead photo, BTW!

Yes, the show seemed to be full early but thinned out considerably quite early on. In all I had a great time, took home some goodies and the meet up at JR Cigar in Whippany after the show (you can grab a bite, a drink and best of all you can smoke!), well, that was the the topping of a great day!

It's always great to hang with our Brothers of the Briar.

Lou

Boy some real beauty there!

That one with Really nice Roush! under the pic, I really like that one as well as the one above.

Thanks for the pics!

Skip

skaukatt":g5i9699i said:
Hey Sean, thanks for the photos! That's a great lead photo, BTW!

Yes, the show seemed to be full early but thinned out considerably quite early on. In all I had a great time, took home some goodies and the meet up at JR Cigar in Whippany after the show (you can grab a bite, a drink and best of all you can smoke!), well, that was the the topping of a great day!

It's always great to hang with our Brothers of the Briar.

Lou

Lou,
I hung out at JR's for as long as I could. Had me a "Cuban-Juban" sandwich and a couple of pints of Boddington's. Had a long ride back, so I left around 5:30. I must have just missed you fellas.... :x
I was really surprised at how little pipe baccy they had in stock. :scratch:

PS: I didn't smoke that Montecristo cigar, I had Bufflehead Decoy in my Jan Pietenpauw Rhodesian. :cheers: At the time, I was the only guy smoking a pipe in there. Yes, I did receive a few funny looks :suspect: from the Soprano wannabes in their Sergio Tacchini tracksuits that were sitting up front. :p

Sean, you just missed us. We got there at around 5:45 the latest and stayed until closing at 10:00pm. There was about 11 of us - what a great time!

JR has a limited tobacco selection consisting of Rattray's blends, a bunch of MacBaren and some C&D blends and of course many, many cigars!

Great day!

Lou

The free Hearth and Home tobacco booth was pretty cool there was one at the Las Vegas Pipe Show that I recently attended, its a good idea I think to offer them for free so that you want to buy more. I wish I could have gone to the NY show I was up there and missed one by a weekend :evil: