Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeDragon

Reaction score
After I bought and smoked my first pipe from Darren, I showed it to my buddy and pipe mentor (the same one who gave me all the tobacco) :D

Not to long after that, Darren went to my buddies work and after seeing another pipe made by him and talking with him, my buddy then commissioned a Volcano.

Heres a couple pics of the finished piece below:

41d0072e1762__1357687572000.jpg

04acf40d2cf8__1357687561000.jpg

is that wood? looks like marble! I also suspect you could get a good sized bowl in there, I approve!

Greyson":hwwaifw3 said:
is that wood? looks like marble! I also suspect you could get a good sized bowl in there, I approve!
Its def wood (a type of burl Darren found). The patterns, swirls and markings etc that you see are all natural (in the wood already). After roughing and getting close to the "finished" piece, he stains and sands the bowls a few times to enhance whats already there, and then waxes them when they are "done' :D

And as far as the bowl size goes, its a good and deep!. My buddy says it smokes great too!

To see more of Darrens work, I just posted pics of a freehand tomato I bought from him today on the PAD thread.

You can also put his last name in the search box to see my other pipe from him and also the first pipe he ever carved for another member on here
:D

I'm shocked there's not snow at the top... that's Mt. effing Fuji. :shock: Massive, but pretty finish.

8)

Kyle Weiss":pb3rpuue said:
I'm shocked there's not snow at the top... that's Mt. effing Fuji. :shock: Massive, but pretty finish.

8)
LOL, its actually not that big (that sounds so weird!) anyway...I just texted my buddy and he wrote back that it is only 2 3/4 in tall.

Very nice!

You know looking at that shape and sitting on that yellow towel I'm surprized nobody has made a cheese wedge shaped greenbay packers volcano pipe. :cheers: