Pierre Cardin?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djf1

Reaction score
In the past few years I have been smoking the good ol pipe seriously. In the 90's however while I ventured into the world of pipe and purchases a couple of pipes, I did not get serious till the early 2000's. So looking at my pipe collection now that I pretty much have a bit of a better taste for way a pipe smokes and the quality of it, I'm trying to compare my different types that I own. One of them is a Pierre Cardin, a brand that is more famous about its clothing than the pipes... I really dont remember if I actually bought the pipe in the 90's or it came with my dad pipes that I inherited ( my dad was a pipe smoker as well).
So I looked at the internet and I can find nothing about them! The pipe is a classic bent billiard and it smokes reasonably well, it does better with loose tobacco than flake so its not in my usual circulation, never the less I want to find more about it.
If you guys know anything, I'd appreciate it...

Pierre Cardin pipes were, according to Pipehill's site (scroll down), mostly made by Jean LaCroix in St. Claude (France's pipe epicenter.)

It wasn't too unusual for luxury brands to do a run of pipes. Hermès made some, if I recall right. (Dunhill, of course, did the opposite, going from pies and tobacco to a luxry apparel brand.)

Thank you! That is very interesting... and the site is very informative!

djf1":d4f1ttf6 said:
Thank you! That is very interesting... and the site is very informative!
Hey DJ,
I have a Pierre Cardin pipe myself, it is probably my favorite smoker and I have dedicated it to Balkan Sasieni (which it really seems to like). It is a straight paneled nosewarmer and one of the most distinctive pipes I own. I will try to post a pic.

That would be nice! I'll post mine over the weekend.

Hey,
here are a few pics of my Pierre Cardin pipe -- this definitely looks to be the work of Jean Lacroix

5603220503_06c02bc904_b.jpg

5603802514_2c21745da7_b.jpg

5603802858_6b4917b6e3_b.jpg

Would love to see some pics of yours as these are becoming more and more rare to find.