PIFs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richmondesi

Reaction score
PIFs would be a nice addition. I am a member of another forum in which members give PIFs to newbies that are new to the hobby. They are usually serviceable items of ok quality, but adequate for giving them an idea of what they may like. This would be nice as a total newbie with no idea of where to get started.

The best thing about that is that it creates a real sense of community, and helps people who have shown an interest in the hobby keep from getting discouraged and quitting. Also, those who are beneficiaries of PIFs must continue the practice for other newbies down the road.

I know that this may potentially sound like someone trying to get something for nothing, but I think those who have been a part of this type of program will vouch for the idea.

Just my $.02... :)

Rich, we don't call it "PIF" here per se, but hang around here a while and you'll find a very rich culture of sharing the wealth in the Brotherhood.

Scroll through the "Tobacco Jar" and "What Are You Smoking?" and you'll see a lot of people enjoying a bowful of "a sample that So-and-So sent me" or the like. It seems like Brothers are always glad (and often outright volunteering) to send a taste of something good. And I suspect even more gifting takes place behind-the-scenes in Private Messaging--people don't toot their own horns very much is all.

Doc Manhattan":rgu37mkg said:
Rich, we don't call it "PIF" here per se, but hang around here a while and you'll find a very rich culture of sharing the wealth in the Brotherhood.

Scroll through the "Tobacco Jar" and "What Are You Smoking?" and you'll see a lot of people enjoying a bowful of "a sample that So-and-So sent me" or the like. It seems like Brothers are always glad (and often outright volunteering) to send a taste of something good. And I suspect even more gifting takes place behind-the-scenes in Private Messaging--people don't toot their own horns very much is all.
Thanks Doc, I'll check out the "Tobacco Jar." I don't think of it as tooting their own horn much really, but rather announcing an opportunity to newbies... I would never ask anyone for anything specific, but if a PIF where available, I might take advantage. Likewise, when I am fully set up, I expect to give some stuff out just to help get the newbies off and running. I have no doubt about the quality of guys here, it was hearing of the great guys that brought me here in the first place. :D