Pipe #12 Finally something acceptable!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Well, here's my 12th pipe and I think from a shaping aspect it's just about right although the slot in the button is just a bit cockeyed it'll pass and I'll probably be the only one that notices it. This one is made from Algerian briar and as you can see the pit family moved in on the other side of the property (peckerwoods). Nothing I could really do besides blast it (and I haven't one) or rusticate it and I just didn't want to screw it up further cause I couldn't do just a partial cause of the location the pits are in. Anyway as you can see it's partially bent chubby Rhody with Rosewood shank extension and hand cut Lucite stem. It measures 5 inches long, 2 inches high, 1 3/4 inch wide with a 7/8 inch chamber about 1-1/4 deep. And Yes, I know the last photo is blurred, wasn't on purpose but, I just didn't want to bother retaking it. I will if someone insists. ;)
If anyone can see something wrong with it please let me know.  ;)

Beautiful Ron. The lines flow perfectly. Love the rosewood accent.

The pits don't make this any less attractive. Looks like a winner to me.

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

That grain is insane! Absolutely beautiful Ron! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Beautiful pipe Ron. Really makes me want to get in on making another one! Keep up the good work. :D

You are doing fine work, Ron.
Don't worry about the pits....they are natural and part of the pipe. Not a detraction.

Yet another beauty Ron    
There is one major problem with it, one that you keep repeating - it's not mine

Given a pit-free piece of briar your next might even meet your insane standards

Thank you Adam
I'm not insane..............I'm just a little psychotic.

That's beautiful! Well done! You are one of a few people that I would love to just follow around a wood shop and watch and learn... But I'm not stalkerish or anything ;)

Beautiful Ron, just a pity about the pits in it, love that woderfull grain you've showed that up perfectly. :)

Thank you Kaitlyn and Ally your too kind

And Kaitlyn, You can follow me around the shop anytime..........I could use someone to keep me from getting lost.

:cyclops: The only thing I see wrong is that its not mine. Beautiful.

dkj42":4paxw9j5 said:
:cyclops: The only thing I see wrong is that its not mine.  Beautiful.
^^^^^^This +1^^^^^^ :)

AJ

Ron, you've got a great eye for pipes, this is another beauty you've turned out. Those pits add character though getting it blasted might look grand too.

Good going there mate.

Tim