Pipe #3

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brurobas

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Here is my third pipe.

For this one i tried a "natural" look with only a black base to highlight the grain.

32598166.jpg

26805070.jpg

23231360.jpg

11591543.jpg

66924553.jpg

22215696.jpg

73922651.jpg

75498754.jpg

My first three pipes were made from pre-bored blocks so i was a bit limited regarding the shape / size of the stummel / stem. Also the quality of the briar, although i never encountered big flaws was a little bit limited in terms of grain.

Today i received my 4 Jaw self centering Chuck from the UK and now i can start working my blocks from "scratch".

As usual please let me know what i can do better.

Regards

Bruno

gorgeous. major kudos.

let us know when you're ready to start taking commissions!!!!!

doody.

Brurobas":v8c8ph14 said:
Good afternoon,

Here is my third pipe.

For this one i tried a "natural" look with only a black base to highlight the grain.

32598166.jpg

My first three pipes were made from pre-bored blocks so i was a bit limited regarding the shape / size of the stummel / stem. Also the quality of the briar, although i never encountered big flaws was a little bit limited in terms of grain.

Today i received my 4 Jaw self centering Chuck from the UK and now i can start working my blocks from "scratch".

As usual please let me know what i can do better.

Regards

Bruno
It's NICE to see such fine work on a traditional shape for a burgeoning "artison" pipe maker :cheers: :cheers:
NICE, NICE finishing and you got the proportions just right on that traditional saddle bit Billiard !! And it's a nice USABLE size as well ! For just your third pipe, I'd have to say you are going to be really good with your next pipes :p Congratulations and keep up the GOOD work :cheers:

Looks good, you're getting better. 8) A little off-centeredness, but since I do all of my stuff by hand rather than with a lathe or any other perfection-making devices, it's almost a given. Nice job on the polishing and finish. As it is smoked, that pipe will start to face into a deeper red tone and look marvelous.

I love the shape, proportions, and the blonde color is Fabulous! That is a quality piece of work there, for sure. I must say for your third pipe, it is a masterful piece of work. You are sure to be a contender quickly. I tip my hat to you Sir.

Mr. Doody":5014oq67 said:
let us know when you're ready to start taking commissions!!!!!
Don't worry Doody, i will.

I just have to have my 4 jaw chuck modified so i can start drilling blocks :)

In the meantime this one is up for sale.

If there is anyone interested please PM me.

Regards