Pipe Cleaning Alcohol

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmarcum

Reaction score
So i have seen a lot of you guys say to use pure grain alcohol to clean pipes. I have a jar (yes a good ol jelly jar) of Kentucky moonshine. Would this work the same? lord knows i am not man enough to drink it so i figure i gotta use it for something other then watching my friends make funny faces. ( it is really not to bad but not something you want to sit around and sip). i am a big bourbon drinker but i think that would be a bad call for cleaning the pipe...thoughts?

I use Wild Turkey 101 to clean mine. You won't go wrong. THen send me the shine!

well...rumor has it that there is an old tree around LaGrange KY where if you leave a $10 bill in the big hole then come back the next day...the shine fairy will have left you a gift. I have not seen it, but my grandfather says it is true...once i find the tree i will share to location ;)

I like Everclear cause it works and it's cheap. Some like booze cause it works and imparts a special flavor; and others like 91% isopropyl alcohol cause it works. The Everclear and the isopropyl (91%) have less water and let a pipe dry out a bit faster. And you know that an incautious alky drip will strip finish from a pipe, though, right?

i have read that in a couple of places...of course i fear the moonshine eating all the way through the pipe anyway ;)

Well, I use Everclear very successfully but a neighbor came over the other night with some "shine" from a relative in Arkansas. He thought I would like to try it so we poured some over ice and started drinking and talking politics. I am conservative and he is a liberal so it got heated, moreso with each sip. We killed the mason jar of it and man was it evil stuff! I was feeling no pain when he left and stumbling around trying to get to bed without waking the wife, I slammed my little toe against the edge of the baseboard and broke it. I did not even feel it. But after a wild nights sleep dreaming Stephen King dreams the next morning it was black and blue and hut like the dickens. Worse, I had a hangover of the devil himself. From now on, it will be pipe cleaner not fit to be drunk.

Strongirish":03ru6nxg said:
Well, I use Everclear very successfully but a neighbor came over the other night with some "shine" from a relative in Arkansas. He thought I would like to try it so we poured some over ice and started drinking and talking politics. I am conservative and he is a liberal so it got heated, moreso with each sip. We killed the mason jar of it and man was it evil stuff! I was feeling no pain when he left and stumbling around trying to get to bed without waking the wife, I slammed my little toe against the edge of the baseboard and broke it. I did not even feel it. But after a wild nights sleep dreaming Stephen King dreams the next morning it was black and blue and hut like the dickens. Worse, I had a hangover of the devil himself. From now on, it will be pipe cleaner not fit to be drunk.
Damn! Good thing you boys didnt turn to violence like folks around these parts. Religion & Politics don't mix well with Shine.

You are right normally, but this guy and I go at it all the time anyway and we have known each other for years.

Strongirish":j0oie7h1 said:
You are right normally, but this guy and I go at it all the time anyway and we have known each other for years.
That still doesent stop some of these ol boys from dukin it out. :lol!:

Seriously, send me the shine! Hell I'm gonna have to take a road trip to LA (Louisiana, not Los Angeles). I like shine, makes you feel like someone punched you in the stomach and knocked all the wind out of you...