Pipe Fest July 25 Dallas Fort Worth

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stapf

Reaction score
There will be a Pipe Fest July 25 from 1pm to 7pm at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill TX.

There will be a slow smoke contest in the late afternoon with the 1st prize being a wonderful straight bulldog pipe carved by award winning local carver Colin Rigsby.  The entry fee is 30 dollars and that gets you a pipe normally priced at 60 dollars and the chance to win.

Local pipe carvers will be in attendance with pipes to sell including Bill Walther, Bob Gilbert, and Ryan Alden.

Tobacco company representatives have been invited and Tobacco Cabana tells me that 1 has confirmed.  More info to follow.

Tobacco Cabana opens at 10am and has a great lounge area.  Plan to come early and hang out.

rigsby10.jpg

Greetings stapf
I'm new to pipe smoking & live in the DFW area. I have been checking out different local shops, haven't made it out to Tobacco Cabana yet. How are they price wise on tobacco & accessories? Some of the shops I've checked out were higher than others, I didn't know if it was worth a little drive to go check them out.

Thanks

12am

Tobacco Cabana has no tins. They have over 70 bulk at 5 dollars an ounce. You can find very good deals on some of their estate pipes. You just have to know what you are looking at.

July 25th would be a great chance to check it out if you don't before then. You would have to drive out to the Leaf in Abeline to find a better shop.

Tobacco Cabana will be having a 10 percent off sale on all pipes, pipe tobacco, and pipe accessories.

Also, you may bring your estate pipes to swap with and sell to the other pipesmokers in attendance.

Also, the Lane Tobacco rep has confirmed and will be bringing some samples.

I week from today.

Also, Neil from Smokin' Holsters will be there showing/selling his leather work for transporting your pipes.

Only a few more days, and:

Colin Rigsby has confirmed.

I'm still planning on being there. However myself, my wife, and my son have all come down with a cold. We will see how I (and they) feel tomorrow.

I have some nasal snuff that I bet will clear those sinuses. Heh...

Thoroughly enjoyed myself today at the Pipe Fest! It was something I wouldn't have thought about going to, or known about, until joining here. Thanks!

Glad you could make it.  

For those who weren't there, we had about 50 people there at various points for the pipe event.  This does not include the wide eyed cigar guys who came in to buy their sticks and quickly left unused to being in the minority.  We had about 40 there at the peak.

I'll get photos up soon.  I'm trying to wait until Chris from lonestarpipeclub.com gets his shared as he had a professional camera.  I may break down and put some crappy old blackberry torch photos up if he doesn't hurry.