Pipe finding help request

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could ask a favour of you: I have been searching for a specific pipe for a long time, the limited edition Vauen Gandalf LOTR churchwarden pipe, and I cant find it anywhere apart from ebay at 4x the original price... which I cant afford as the original price was already steep. I have checked virtually all tobacconists and pipe sellers in the UK that are available to me, and a great number in Germany and across the EU with no luck. I was wondering if you knew of a B&M that might still have one in stock, or an online retailer I haven't checked in the USA which might have one. If you did, could you let me know? I'd really appreciate the help as I think I've exhausted all the leads I have over here.

I only found one place that had them at a marginally reasonable price and it was on your side of the pond. I will try to find the link to them again but can't guarantee anything brother. I know it was a click off a link I originally found here somewhere.

Ugh. I was just looking at the Bilbo pipes again when I found this. I cant understand anything apart from CHURCHVARDEN, however I was fine watching it to look at the bilbo pipe, right up until about 3:40.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Uf0AD6i-gU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I don't speak German, but I'm pretty sure he's explaining why he has to own everything.

Greyson, kind of a bad time to be looking for an official LOTR pipe. I went to a tobacco shop this Monday near where my parents live. The owners have been selling copious amounts of churchwardens, most of them to the younger & just interested as their first pipes. They were laughing and at the same time wishing that LOTR movies would be released more often.

I know, its what reminded me that I still dont have a churchwarden in that style, I always wanted one. Ah well, perhaps Vauen will make good on their half promise to make 'inspired by' pipes now their official licence has run out.

No luck here either. I've been looking too since LOTR Fellowship came out. That's how I got my Nording rusticated Churchwarden, it was the closest I could find at Briar Patch.

Probably gonna sound like a newbie, but... what's Tobacco Road? Never heard of it. I used to go to Tinder Box, but the only one close by closed up about seven years ago. :(
Since then the only place I new of relatively close was Briar Patch.

Nick Fox":nloc0ixg said:
Probably gonna sound like a newbie, but... what's Tobacco Road? Never heard of it. I used to go to Tinder Box, but the only one close by closed up about seven years ago. :(
Since then the only place I new of relatively close was Briar Patch.
Tobacco Road is a shop in the Arden Garden area, Fulton & Marconi in the same shopping center as Trader Joe's near where the old Sac Brew was. It's a nice shop. I also shop at the Briar Patch, but I prefer the Loehman's Plaza location. I refuse to shop at the Arden Mall.

I go to Arden, they seem pretty nice. Last time I was there i got all my pipes buffed and I'm thinking about having them re-stem my churchwarden for me
:( there was an accident... :(

Yeah that had occurred to me also... and I was going to ask around artisans when everyone seemed to be hitting the same brick wall in the search that I was. Unfortunately... I have now spent the money I had for it on a secret project that I shall reveal if it makes it across the Atlantic to me.

Nothing to see here. :suspect:

Ooooooh, very mysterious, nah, soddit, that's just annoying, spill the beans grasshopper of it's the 'comfy chair' for you old chap!!

Greyson,

By some chance have you thought about taking one of your bent briars and asking someone on here to make a churchwarden stem for it?

Then you could have a short and long stem(Similar to a Stanwells Hans Christian Andersen approach) but more personal.

I have done this with two of my freehand Meers and the outcomes were great!

Kirk Fitzgerald":024d61dg said:
Ooooooh, very mysterious, nah, soddit, that's just annoying, spill the beans grasshopper of it's the 'comfy chair' for you old chap!!

Well, I cant show it until I've got it, and I've had a lot of experience losing stuff in shipping so I don't count on anything until its actually in my hand. I'll show it off if it all works out!

PipeDragon":024d61dg said:
By some chance have you thought about taking one of your bent briars and asking someone on here to make a churchwarden stem for it?

Yep, I'm looking at that now, glad to hear its a viable alternative.

No annoyance caused for me Bud, definitely worth the wait, that pipe is freakin awesome. :cheers: :cheers: