Pipe for Jimbo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a fine looking pipe Kirk. it was nice to see it go through the transformation from roughed out form to finished pipe :face:

I was thinking of making my own pipe this summer, any idea where I can get a kit like that?

You are a fine man
Thank you for the outstanding pictures of the process. Quite a tutorial.

Makes me proud to be on the same "bandwidth" with you.

Harlock999":4tgmj9gy said:
Great, now I need to try to find one just like it! :fpalm:
Well, I am going to make some gift pipes when I can afford to buy the kits, one can be for you if you really want one.

Nice work. If you don't mind my asking, who is Jimbo? You've mentioned him a fair bit, but I don't think I know him.

Kirk, you've got talent buddy. that is a fantastic job. we need to get you more kits! honorable reason to craft a pipe that fine as well. seriously dude, keep at it. i just started drilling my own blocks and was honestly surprised as to how few tools i actually needed to do an adequate job at it. get on pipemakersforum.org and lurk there for a while. minus the drill press i got all the bits including the vise for under $80 us. man you've inspired me! i'm making another pipe! maybe this one will be good enough it won't have to be for me :D

somedumbjerk":3hove6sh said:
Kirk, you've got talent buddy. that is a fantastic job. we need to get you more kits! honorable reason to craft a pipe that fine as well. seriously dude, keep at it. i just started drilling my own blocks and was honestly surprised as to how few tools i actually needed to do an adequate job at it. get on pipemakersforum.org and lurk there for a while. minus the drill press i got all the bits including the vise for under $80 us. man you've inspired me! i'm making another pipe! maybe this one will be good enough it won't have to be for me  :D

Heya Buddy, I'm a member of pipe makers, a bit too out of my league still to be honest.

I would love to be able to make pipes right from just a block, doing the drilling myself would be awesome, I can't order stuff overseas and no-one in the UK sells them, not that I have found yet that is. My biggest problem is I would need a proper shed to work in, this is what I work in now,
theshed_zps13cb8b23.jpg

the shed is even more cluttered now we have an old lawn mower our neighbour threw out! It just aint on the cards mate, at about £600 for a suitable shed to protect tools and equipment I might as well hope for a solid gold pipe to grow on a tree.