Pipe ID Help Lafond's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atwageman

Reaction score
Ive got a couple of pipes stamped:

Lafond's Vintage
Algerian Briar
Made In France

My questions are.......was Lofond's a tobacconist in the USA or Europe? Or were they some particular brand name pipe? Who made them? Any information someone can provide would greatly be appreciated.

I think I can provide some information for you. The pipe is a long way from where it originated. LaFond's was a pipe and tobacco shop in downtown Detroit. When I frequented the shop it was located on Cadillac Sq. in the Cadillac Towers Bldg.. They were still in business in the late 70's. I doubt they are still there. There are two pipes here which came from the shop. He purchased pipes and the supplier was able to place his name on the shank of the pipes. the owner was a very nice guy. The shop was not large, 300-400 sq. ft.. He sold pipes, cigars, OTC blends and items for smokers. He sold blends made up for his shop. I can check whether or not he was in business as far back as the 50's. I know my father frequented the shop as well. If I can be of further help please let me know. Is that pipe a good smoker? What shape is it? If you chose to you can send me a PM.