Pipe kits

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domer

Reaction score
For all of us cheapskates:

I bought one of Tinksky's kits and had a friend shape it. He doesn't know a thing about pipes. I stained it with red/black shoe dye.
Now I know it isn't a collector grade, I'm under no illusions, but for $23 I have a great smoking pipe.
bunche10.jpg

Now you got to get one to shape yourself! Beware it's a bug you may not want to catch, just finished a tinsky kit and can't wait to get another. Got to say he has really stream lined his website, he has got really fast on making your kit to getting it to your door. I was really impressed.

Love the stain job, what stain did you use?

I may just finish a few this winter when there's plenty of time. Just a Dremel and sandpaper, I'm in no rush.

I bought bottles of red and black dye from a shoemaker. Put one on, sand it, put the other one on and repeat until you get the shade you like.

The shoe dye is likely the best available dye for briar. It's available all over & I use either Fiebings or Lincoln...though Fiebings is the preferred brand I think. I love the black and red! Oxblood is also a good red-ish color, but the black/red is a great combo. Again, nice work. I've done 3 Tinsky kits and I don't think you can beat his briar, service and 'customization' anywhere as he will cut to order!

That's a real nice one sir, I've seen a lot worse look'en first attempts.

How did I miss this thread,

Domer":dvs2cfdp said:
What a fantastic pipe, your friend so needs to make more pipes Buddy, he has a real talent right there.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: