Pipe lid cap cover or plug

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awoodby

Reaction score
I'm looking for someplace to get some sort of cap or cover to put on my pipe, unlit, when I am carrying it in my travel case.

For pre-packing or after a smoke to contain ash after cooling.

I could just pick up the right-sized rubber plug at home depot or something, just figured I'd ask.

Still trying to work out the perfect way to travel with a pipe on a daily basis. I have a nice leather double pipe case, a little bulky though.

I use a cork. They're tapered and come in all sizes. And, you can cut them as needed. "Hillbilly Pipe Cap" ?

Buy ya' 2 or 3 of these. They are made for another purpose, but I use them all of the time when I go for a walk and stick my pipe in my jacket pocket. They work really well.

5d03_12.JPG

...but I like the cork idea, too. :cheers:

8)

added bonus of a cork: I've been collecting them for a few years and have hundreds...

ok, i'll trim one of them down.

I've been saving a few champagne bottle corks for using as ashtray pipe knockers, the large, bulbous end might do pretty well as a grip for a "pipe stopper" for tobacco in the bowl.
scratchchin.gif
Hmmm.... givin' me ideas.

8)

Years ago I found a couple of these in a pipe shop. They're called PipeCap. You could also get some wind caps that work pretty well. I like a wind cap better than the PipeCap.

86DTH.jpg

lDREr.jpg

Kyle Weiss":gv2psrw9 said:
I've been saving a few champagne bottle corks for using as ashtray pipe knockers, the large, bulbous end might do pretty well as a grip for a "pipe stopper" for tobacco in the bowl.
scratchchin.gif

8)
Oh crap...I guess I better hurry up on that awesome cork patent before Kyle steels my idea :D . Nah, never mind. Kyle, just remember the little guys like me who helped you get there if you get rich. At least send me a box of Cork-Pipe-Caps!!!

Kyle Weiss":zs1l1p6t said:
scratchchin.gif

8)
Top tip! :cheers:

I will be trying to collect a few myself for the same purposes.

Thanks Kyle.

Jers