Pipe Lighters

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoosierPuffer

Reaction score
So, what's a good one?

I've had zippos before.

I'd like something that inverts the flame into the bowl better.

What do you use?

I have used a Corona Old Boy for at least eight years now (still use the original one I bought) and have not had a lick of problems with it. I decided to get another lighter to keep in my office at home. I purchased a Xikar pipe lighter (based on the reviews of Danish Pipe Guy) that is basically a copycat of the Old Boy. They are about half the price of the Old Boy and seem to function and have the same features. I got my local B&M to order one for me. A quick Internet search pulled up these guys (my lighter is the first one):

http://www.milantobacco.com/xikar_pipe_lighters.htm

I use one of the Zippo pipe lighters. I've been looking for something better, too, but I can't complain about the Zippo too much.

When im out in the wind a Zippo Pipe lighter

When the wind is not blowing a Zikar pipe lighter it works and its the same garantee as a zippo lifetime

I.M. Corona Old Boy

Best $$ I've spent on pipe related stuffs as of yet, bar none.

Corona Old Boy,,,reliable

OHHHH,,,it's "KILTED"!!!,,all this time I misread it as "TILTED",,,, :lol!:

Mark, That'd be more appropriate. You know a guy can't be to straight and level when he thinks he has rational discussions with Tallsmoke and JP.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll vote for IM Corona Old Boy. You could get a cheap knockoff, but it's worth the money. In another forum, the members seemed to prefer the IM Corona Pipe Magie, so I may end up with one some day too. It doesn't have a tamper like the Old Boy though.

Also, don't make the mistake I did: accidentally bought the IM Corona Classico (looks the same), which is NOT a pipe lighter, the flame is not directional but straight up.

I have zippos too. If you can handle the taste of fluid which many pretend isn't there, they are good too.

I would stay away from Corona Pipe masters as they do not use a flint; remember that it's the ignition in most lighters that causes them to stop working.

puros_bran":60eb4rr6 said:
Mark, That'd be more appropriate. You know a guy can't be to straight and level when he thinks he has rational discussions with Tallsmoke and JP.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Blah Blah Blah! :lol: :lol!: :lol: