pipe makers forum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked Kurts site and its down too. He must be having server issues

ok thanks folks! just wanted to make sure my ISP wasn't having issues

scotties22":c49krcl7 said:
Okay, I'm starting to have withdrawl......
Same here.

DoverPipes":c49krcl7 said:
Kurt posted on his FB page that his PC crapped out!
That sucks! Did he say if any information was compromised?

Scottie, Uber.. cold turkey ... now get back in the workshop ;-)

That's where I spend almost all my time....on a good day anyway. At least you can bother me say hi here :p 

I don't know why his PC biting the dust would have anything to do with the board being down, the forum should be on a server some where, like go daddy or something like it, unless he means he can't get to it to do the admin work to get it working

The forum is actually on his server. His old one died a while back and he replaced it. I'm guessing something went wonky with the new one.

Technically Harry you can turn any PC into a server, all you need to do is allow free access in and out of your PC to the net through a secured port plus of course suitable software for running the site optimally and you've got your own server. Couldn't recommend trying it unless you have some heavy duty firewall and ant-virus software running though, it will get targeted by hackers and viruses very quickly.

jogilli":ekuj6w3c said:
Scottie, Uber.. cold turkey ... now get back in the workshop ;-)
But Jaaaaaaaaames!

Without the forum, Scottie has one less place to be nefarious and I have one less place to be obnoxious. How are you gonna replace something like that?

There and here are the only places I get to be nefarious......it's my only adult time.  Guess I'm gonna have to ratchet up the nefarious on IG ;)

Briar Spirit":jf7f4m01 said:
Technically Harry you can turn any PC into a server, all you need to do is allow free access in and out of your PC to the net through a secured port plus of course suitable software for running the site optimally and you've got your own server. Couldn't recommend trying it unless you have some heavy duty firewall and ant-virus software running though, it will get targeted by hackers and viruses very quickly.
and also depending on traffic create a very slow congested web site unless you have some kinda crazy internet connection

UberHuberMan":y5nmhvrm said:
Without the forum, Scottie has one less place to be nefarious and I have one less place to be obnoxious.
Don't worry...

Wherever on the Net you post pictures of your pipes---especially your stems---I will find you. :twisted: