Pipe Makers in New Jersey?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyS

Reaction score
Didn't know which subforum to put this in so here it be. :scratch:

Are there any reputable pipe makers in New Jersey? I'm not looking for anything really ornate, just a solid locally made pipe. Thanks.

thank you for this. i too have been looking in the NJ area, and live right next to sewell! he doesnt have any for sale on his site or on the ebay site however, but would love to meet up with this guy.

He will be at the NY Pipe Show on March 9, 2013. :king:
After the show, we head over to JR Cigars in Whippany, NJ for some "Adult beverages" & lots of baccy!!!! :cheers:

NEW YORK PIPE SHOW
20th ANNUAL
PIPE
CONVENTION
SHOW DATE SATURDAY March 9th, 2013
SHOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC @ 10:00 AM-------
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL 1-973-824-4000
Parking is Free – get stamp or ticket at show or front desk
SPECIAL ROOM RATES Ask the front desk about THE PIPE SHOW DISCOUNT
Rate Per Table: RETAILERS $85.00 (a) Paypal $89.00
COLLECTORS $70.00 (b) Paypal $74.00
CHECKS ONLY PAYABLE TO: RICHARD ESSERMAN, 238 AYCRIGG AVE, UNIT D
PASSAIC, NJ 07055
EMAIL [email protected]
[email protected]
CONVENTION DIRECTORS: SAM BARNETT & RICH ESSERMAN
*TABLE RESERVATIONS REQUIRE FULL PAYMENT. NO TABLE CAN BE RESERVED OR
GUARANTEED UNLESS FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED. NO REFUNDS OF TABLE MONEY.
(a) All payments After February 20, 2013 – check - $100.00; paypal $105.00.
(b) All payments After February 20, 2013 Check $85.00 paypal - $89.00.
Note: The Hotel and Show complies with NJ State Smoking Regulations.

FWIW, there is another JR's in Paramus but I've never been there so don't know what they have as far as lounge, etc.. The Whippany store is nice though.

thanks for the info on the pipe event..im still somewhat of a beginner in this realm, so i couldnt possibly justify paying so much for an event, although i would love to go! are there ever any events that are cheaper?

HolyFirkins":hgjezdhq said:
thanks for the info on the pipe event..im still somewhat of a beginner in this realm, so i couldnt possibly justify paying so much for an event, although i would love to go! are there ever any events that are cheaper?
Those rates are for vendors, spectator rates are usually around $5 or so. I don't know why they don't list them, it might even be free to spectators.

The NJ Pipe club meets monthly at the Whippany JR's, and it always sounds like a fun event.

HolyFirkins":vr74cvn2 said:
Huh? :confused:
I think you're looking at the rates to rent a table for sales.
The event costs around $6 to attend..............

that just made my night!!! $6 bucks is much more like it! im definitely going to see about going now..

HolyFirkins":by2m40jy said:
that just made my night!!! $6 bucks is much more like it! im definitely going to see about going now..
You won't regret it. My first show was this past year in Richmond, simply amazing.

DoverPipes":mxl6kf5o said:
Riff: Safe to say I won't be seeing you at NY / NJ on the 9th ?!?!?! :p
No, unfortunately we'll be heading South on that weekend.

The walk in cost of admission is $5 bucks!

Best $5 bucks you'll spend in a long time!

See you brothers then and there!

Lou

just wanted to say thank you for pointing me to tim thorpe. we chatted on the phone yesterday for a bit, great guy. he moved, but still only lives 15-20 mins from me. gonna get together soon to see his setup..

HolyFirkins":dnn1x5vp said:
just wanted to say thank you for pointing me to tim thorpe. we chatted on the phone yesterday for a bit, great guy. he moved, but still only lives 15-20 mins from me. gonna get together soon to see his setup..
You can send my "Consulting Fee" of $495 to my PayPal account as a gift! :tongue:

HolyFirkins":0byi3n27 said:
you got it..i'll send it the second thursday of next week..
Don't make come and find ya!!!!! :p

We should meet up for a smoke on the 9th, no?
PM me. Don't worry, I'm not a stalker...... :face:

i'd love to be able to come. i need to find out my work schedule and then go from there..if all works out, we will be enjoying some tobacco together..

Adrian James, whose work I love, is a pipe maker who lives in New Jersey. I think he might be friends with Tim Thorpe, actually.