Pipe Rack advice needed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogjunk

Reaction score
I'll be building a pipe rack and a pipe cabinet soon. I have a router, drill press etc., but am not sire how to do those scallops on the bottom where the pipe bowls rest. Can anybody tell me what to use, and how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Doug

I just roughed out my second pipe rack I didn't even try to do the divots I used felt from Ace
here's is my first one
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t17475-pipe-rack-i-built

frogjunk":67go97mt said:
I'll be building a pipe rack and a pipe cabinet soon. I have a router, drill press etc., but am not sire how to do those scallops on the bottom where the pipe bowls rest. Can anybody tell me what to use, and how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Doug
What is called a Corebox bit will do the recess you need. A 1 5/8" Dia. ought to give a sufficient radius . This size usualy comes with a 1/2" shank and are usually made of solid carbide. They are expensive, but unless you are going into producing 100s of racks, one should last a lifetime :p

monbla256":akpb4rts said:
frogjunk":akpb4rts said:

Thanks!

Doug
What is called a Corebox bit will do the recess you need. A 1 5/8" Dia. ought to give a sufficient radius . This size usualy comes with a 1/2" shank and are usually made of solid carbide. They are expensive, but unless you are going into producing 100s of racks, one should last a lifetime :p
Thanks for that tip. My dad has been building a few pipe racks and we weren't sure of the best method.

Picked up a core box bit at Rockler the other day. I think it will fit the bill just fine. Thanks!