Pipe Rack Rough Draft

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Rock

Reaction score
Here is my first attempt at a pipe rack. I have several notes written down for changes to the next revision. The first thing I will change is the dimensions on the stem holder part. It is to high. The part that the bowls of the pipes rest on is to far out towards the front too. I also have new dimensions for the whole rack overall. I didnt have any felt on hand for my plan to put it in the routing for the bowls. I used a very dark stain but didn't like it so I used 400 grit sandpaper to lighten it and give it a rustic look. I am a perfectionist so I plan to get it perfect. Please don't beat me up too bad this is just a rough draft. Now I just have to find the time to build revision 2.

IMG_20121004_164138.jpg

IMG_20121004_164044.jpg

A very good final design and an excellent first working concept. I look forward to seeing the next version.

It's a darn good design, once you get those measurements down it should be perfect. Nice job.

Nice job, a little tweaking and you're good to go. :D

For your first rack that's a nice piece of work !! Like you noted tweek some dims and positions and get your finish to what you want on your next one and let us see what you do ! Keep up the good work! :p

Excellent job! I especially like the lower shelf for tins and pipe accessories. In all fairness, it is nearly impossible to engineer a pipe rack that will hold pipes of all lengths from nosewarmers to churchwardens. It may be easier to stick with the same basic design, but build different models to hold various styles or lengths of pipes.

Very cool. It has a lot of personality, but not many slots for all the pipes you'll collect. :twisted:

8)

Thanks for all the kind words. I will be sure to post revision 2 when I can free up enough time to make it. :D