Pipe rack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarMyFriend

Reaction score
I have built two pipe racks. They were originally temporary, but I haven't gotten around to making anymore, and since I moved out, I don't have a wood shop to work in. I was curious, does anyone have plans for like say, a 20-30 pipe rack? Big enough to hold a Savinelli EX, but also able to hold your more humble pipes. I'd even be happy to purchase one, if it's not too expensive.
Here's some pictures what I put together. Honestly, I would love one that could also hold tobacco jars. I also have a picture somewhere in the picture gallery of them. Wall mounted, or not, I'm just looking for something more put together.

If you have any plans or one for sale, please let me know.
Zach

Personally, I think looking in a thrift store or junk shop for a shelf, case or rack you like and modifying it to fit pipes might be your best bet. There's been some glass door-front curio cabinets that were intended to be wall-mounted, that would have been easy to cut some V-shaped or U-shaped notches to hold pipes on the shelves. As someone living in an apartment, junk shopping is really the only way to go, and modifying is the easiest thing to do when a shop isn't available. It might take a while to find something, but it's a great excuse to go out with the little lady and stroll around and shop. She looks like the type that would love to do that!

8)

Another idea is to possibly modify your current shelves and simply expand them to hold more pipes. Since you prefer the "stem down" method, all you'd have to do is make sure there's enough space/angle to get out each individual pipe, and you'd be set.