Pipe Road Trip!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much into wine, unless it's Boone's Farm, lol.

Trip was very nice. We started with lunch at Joe's Delicatessen. My sandwich was on homemade bread, amazing. Plus we split a little pecan cheesecake for dessert.

Then we went to MM. The store was open, but they sent all the workers home because it was too hot; so no tour. I picked up a great looking Shire Cobbit, and a can of C&D Haunted Bookshop.

Then we hit a couple of thrift stores looking for bargains.

Then off to Jonesburg to lay a bouquet on our daughter's grave. We have a little tradition started with laying the bridal bouquet there after one of our other kids gets married. Oldest son's bride started it, then the next brother's wife did it, and now my other daughter. Three more to go, if this hold out.

Then we went to the Wood Hat Distillery, and paid $5 to sample the wares. Came out with a nice bottle if bourbon and a berry cordial.

Now I'm exhausted! Tomorrow - nothing!

Attachments

• 20230629_180048.jpg
    20230629_180048.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Had to wait for the temps to get reasonable outside before trying the Haunted Bookshop in my new pipe; it was 102F when we came home at 5PM. By 9PM it was in the 80's and felt nice out. Pipe smokes great, and I like HB so far! The tin note reminds me of Red Man (which I think is a good thing).

I wonder if there's anything out there that smells and/or tastes like Copenhagen. In my younger days, I loved that stuff.

Good choice with the HB. It’s a great blend and can’t be beat in MM.

I just checked Google Maps and I'm only 4 hours away from Washington. I really need to check it out next time there's a Hamfest or pipe show.

Last edited: