Pipe selling scandal? Are we being swindled?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maiser

Reaction score
TOBACCOPIPESHOP (Dot) COm

This is a link to an etailer that I had not formerly known about until doing a search for "Adam Davidson Pipes" (I like his work).
After perusing their stock of his pipes, I noticed that I had seen most of these before on www.smokingpipes.com. Particularly this one...

(previously had a link to an adam davidson pipe, but removed as to deter any hazardous site exploring, which may invite malware)

which I KNOW for a fact was selling for less than 675$. After comparing inventories of both websites (also look at the E. Markle Pipes), I saw a correlation... the pipes that were sold on smokingpipes.com were listed on this new website.

Am I missing something here? Or is this website buying pipes from smokingpipes.com and reselling them at a higher price?

It's the exact same roster of makers that are represented on SmokingPipes, and the exact same pipes that are currently shown on their site, same prices too...odd

Good catch Maiser. You aren't missing anything at all. The site is a SCAM!

ANYONE READING THIS THREAD
Do Not even look at these sites out of curiosity, do yourselves a favor and don't use the links provided in the OP as several observations of malware from them have been noted elsewhere.

www dot smokerpipe dot com
www dot tobaccopipeshop dot com

These sites were highlighted in articles and posts on Pipe Magazine as well as one or two threads on smokers Forums at the first of the month.

Of course the following links are safe (-:
A thread from smokersforums
Report from Pipe Magazine

Krusty":7xufyio4 said:
Good catch Maiser. You aren't missing anything at all. The site is a SCAM!

ANYONE READING THIS THREAD
Do Not even look at these sites out of curiosity, do yourselves a favor and don't use the links provided in the OP as several observations of malware from them have been noted elsewhere.

www dot smokerpipe dot com
www dot tobaccopipeshop dot com

These sites were highlighted in articles and posts on Pipe Magazine as well as one or two threads on smokers Forums at the first of the month.

Of course the following links are safe (-:
A thread from smokersforums
Report from Pipe Magazine
Messed with link names as to not promote any aberrant or hazardous clicking.

I went on this site this morning and I recognized that the pipe index and the pipes looked very familiar. I then went on smokingpipes.com and sure enough, this site not only had smoking pipes index of pipes but also their pipes. I even managed to find MY CASTELLO jutting jaw Pot that I bought about five weeks ago from South Carolina on this site! I enlarged the pipe, put my pipe up to it and the grain pattern was EXACTLY THE SAME. Wow, says I. They’re trying to sell my pipe from under me! Now that takes a certain amount of audacity!. And a bit of moral vacuity to boot. I then went to BoB to see whether anyone had posted anything about this fraudulent website and discovered this thread. So here I am.

I have good internet security software so I don’t think I have any bugs or whatever on my computer. I gave it a full scan and nothing showed up.

Whew . . .

There are so few pipe smokers around these days,at least in Britian, it is a wonder that pipes are still being made at any price.
I can't remember when I saw a pipe bing smoked in the street. And if they are, they have to be outside pubs and cafes, so I think high prices must be charged to keep the pipemakers in business.
I tend to look for estate pipes on ebay and clean them up.