Pipe Shops in North Texas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anasazi6

Reaction score
I will be going to the Wichita Falls, Texas area in a few weeks and probably returning by way of Sherman. Does anyone know of any good pipe shops in this area?

DC in Texas

Anasazi6":fv1bqqv9 said:
I will be going to the Wichita Falls, Texas area in a few weeks and probably returning by way of Sherman. Does anyone know of any good pipe shops in this area?

DC in Texas
There's the Edward's over in Dallas, they sell a LOT of cigars  :twisted: :twisted:  Pipe shops in this state are pretty much an extinct animal at least compared to what they were 30 years ago  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":4d6j3wbh said:
Anasazi6":4d6j3wbh said:

DC in Texas
There's the Edward's over in Dallas, they sell a LOT of cigars  :twisted: :twisted:  Pipe shops in this state are pretty much an extinct animal at least compared to what they were 30 years ago  :twisted: :twisted: 
It really is sad, isn't it. For guys that go back as far as you and I do, we can remember when almost every good sized mall and fairly large town had a good pipe or tobacco shop. I am very fortunate that Flint still has Paul's Pipe Shop, one of the biggest and best in the country. His inventory is literally in the thousands and he does some of his own blending.  :cheers:  When I say he I mean Paul's son, Dan. As a matter of fact I am going there later today, since we have 6 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow.

There's one in Arlington, I can't remember the name, it's fairly small. I know this because it's near my stepdaughter house and we visited it once.
Just off the I-20 and south on Cooper. Nice place, just not large and it doesn't sell any of them dad-burn glass pipes and garbage like most do nowadays.

Buckshot":64cknbk2 said:
It really is sad, isn't it.  For guys that go back as far as you and I do, we can remember when almost every good sized mall and fairly large town had a good pipe or tobacco shop.  I am very fortunate that Flint still has Paul's Pipe Shop, one of the biggest and best in the country.  His inventory is literally in the thousands and he does some of his own blending.   :cheers:   When I say he I mean Paul's son, Dan.  As a matter of fact I am going there later today, since we have 6 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow.
Paul's in Flint is a great pipe shop.  If you're in the area and planning a visit, allow a few hours of time -- the folks are great, their inventory is huge, and you'll want to spend some time in the museum there.

Also, if you're looking for a hard-to-find item -- i.e., filters for a pipe that's been out of production for decades, contact Paul's -- if anyone has the item(s) you're looking for, it's Paul's.

Yeah, I remember when every drugstore in town had a large selection of inexpensive pipes and probably two dozen brands of pipe tobacco. Those days are long gone now. I think I've outlived my time.

Just a few recollections from an old codger.
DC in Texas

Cartaphilus":31kt7oxn said:
There's one in Arlington, I can't remember the name, it's fairly small. I know this because it's near my stepdaughter house and we visited it once.
Just off the I-20 and south on Cooper. Nice place, just not large and it doesn't sell any of them dad-burn glass pipes and garbage like most do nowadays.
I live in Arlington, and sadly they've gone to being predominately a cigar store now, They have a store over in Ft. Worth they tell me that sells more "pipe stuff" . The mgr. at the Arlington store told me they couldn't compete with the internet at both stores.  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":iypll12t said:
Cartaphilus":iypll12t said:
I live in Arlington, and sadly they've gone to being predominately a cigar store now, They have a store over in Ft. Worth they tell me that sells more "pipe stuff" . The mgr. at the Arlington store told me they couldn't compete with the internet at both stores.  :twisted: :twisted: 
Figures, Even though it's too far for me to go, I'm sorry to hear that.  :(