Pipe Show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clueless

Reaction score
I watched with envy and interest as people went to and returned from the Chicago pipe show. I recently saw this information on another board -

"North American Society of Pipe Collectors Pipe Show
The 2009 North American Society of Pipe Collectors Pipe Show will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009, at the Midwest Hotel & Conference Center, Columbus, Ohio"

That is only a couple of hours from me. Is anyone from here attending? Is it a show worth making the time for?

Thanks.

clueless":hbnw11eq said:
I watched with envy and interest as people went to and returned from the Chicago pipe show. I recently saw this information on another board -

"North American Society of Pipe Collectors Pipe Show
The 2009 North American Society of Pipe Collectors Pipe Show will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009, at the Midwest Hotel & Conference Center, Columbus, Ohio"

That is only a couple of hours from me. Is anyone from here attending? Is it a show worth making the time for?

Thanks.
It is indeed. I used to attend tha Columbus show, but it's 30 days before the Richmond show, and i found that I just can't do both and remain sane.

Columbus is a great show, and Smokers' Haven usually has a pre-show on Friday at their store.

Rad

The Columbus show is a classic, and plus you can pick up the GLP LOTR limited ed. tins which generally fetch 4x-8x times purchase price in collectible value after just a few years. This year's two offerings look particularly nice as described in the newest issue of the NASPC Newletter (oh, plus there are lots of pipes and sundries to be had there as well).

This is one of the great pipe shows. Additionally, Columbus is a fantastic city for pipes with several above average tobacconists. And to top it off, there is the German Village.

I haven't been up to the NASPC show since 06 but I'm making time to go this year. It's a great way to spend an afternoon. It'll be interesting to see how they've dealt with the newish smoking regs.