Pipe Shows

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeoverwife

Reaction score
I would like to attend a pipe show in the US. Any suggestions for which shows are worth attending and any expectations?

Thanks!
PipeOverWife

Good Day;

Without a doubt the show of shows is Chicago. While a 2 day show, one really needs 3 or 4 days to fully take it all in.

That being said, if you are looking for a first show, I strongly suggest Las Vegas. This year Nov 4 and 5 I believe. The hotel is off the strip, but close enough to other attractions for those so inclined. Smoking is permitted in most areas of the hotel, with the expections being the restaurants. Smaller show with around 50 tables. Some well know pipe carvers attend as well as some well known pipe sellers. The atmosphere is very friendly, nice, and laid back.

Regards
Michael J. Glukler

Sir,
St. Louis has a pipe show every February there is always a good turnout, last year there were over 100 tables. This is also a smoking venue so that is a plus for me.
Best Regards
Richard

I'll second Las Vegas. It was a blast last year!

I'm going to Chicago next year for the first time. Chicago (at least for me) requires more planning and a bigger budget.

Vegas is very doable. Rooms are cheap. Drinks in the bar downstairs are cheap. Admission is cheap.... That means more cash for pipes and tobacco! Not nearly as large as Chicago or some of the other shows but it's still a lot to take it over the course of two days.

You don't say what part of the country you are from which would make travel and lodging a non issue if you are in close proximity to a show venue and save you lots of $$ that you could spend on pipes and tobacco instead.
There's St. Louis, Kansas City, Newark NJ, Richmond, Va., Las Vegas, Milwaukee, Raleigh, and others.
:D

s.ireland":xp9gd8m2 said:
I'll second Las Vegas. It was a blast last year!

I'm going to Chicago next year for the first time. Chicago (at least for me) requires more planning and a bigger budget.

Vegas is very doable. Rooms are cheap. Drinks in the bar downstairs are cheap. Admission is cheap.... That means more cash for pipes and tobacco! Not nearly as large as Chicago or some of the other shows but it's still a lot to take it over the course of two days.
Definitely!
Here's a link to see some pics from last year's Vegas show:
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t14462-2011-west-coast-pipe-show-pics