Pipe Shows

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
Since David Letterman is in the news, what are your top ten pipe shows to visit.
I have been to the St. Louis show. While the show filled a nice sized convention room, I thought that most of the attendees were from a roughly 300 mile radius. I enjoyed my visit.
Since my list has only one show, whats on your top ten list
Bub

I would if one were to come near me but I never see one listed for Houston area or Dallas for that matter. If anyone knows of one let me know please!

Strongirish":kojjqv2h said:
I would if one were to come near me but I never see one listed for Houston area or Dallas for that matter. If anyone knows of one let me know please!
As far as I know, there are none in Texas. I would be willing to take the 12 hour drive to Dallas. I've never been to one.

You would think that a state with the major cities like Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio etc would have at least one show. I would drive to any of them. It does not make sense does it?

Strongirish":jvdaxqp4 said:
You would think that a state with the major cities like Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio etc would have at least one show. I would drive to any of them. It does not make sense does it?
Well in their defense, there are relatively few pipe smokers in Texas (only 1 in my city and 2 in the area). When I travelled alot, I would visit bars shops etc, and maybe would see 2 pipe smokers. As opposed to visits to Louisiana say, when I would see folk smoking a pipe on their porch, sitting on a bench...

Having said that I have sold many pipes to locals. But mostly, it's a let me try experience. One fella from the gun shop is always talking about his Savinelli, which he says should only be spent in the winter, yet I have never seen him smoke it though I've invited him to hang out and smoke and such.

I haven't been in contact with Mike Stafford of Stafford and Jones Tobacconists in Richardson in several years, but I know at one time he had expressed interest in organizing a pipe show in the Dallas metro area. He knows a lot of folks and might be a good place to start in getting one rolling.

http://www.tobacconist.us/

The issue at one time for a Dallas show was the proposed it the same weekend as the then extant Kansas City show. Since we in KC were having a good run at that point, the folks in Dallas might not have had any makers, resellers, etc to provide tables for the public.

Now, that same weekend appears to be covered by Marty Pulvers nascent West Coast show in Las Vegas.

I have very limited experience in this area. I've only been to one show and that was the recent CORPS Expo in Richmond. I've read about the big show in Chicago and the Columbus Ohio show. Met a guy in Richmond who used to travel to all the shows as a tobacco rep and he said he liked the Richmond show best.