Pipe sighting in a strange place ...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilted1

Reaction score
The Mosquito Airplane manufacturing during WWII! Enjoy! :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D3mGOLmWWbg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can you imagine, in today's OHSA environment, smoking a pipe while working on a wooden product held together with inflammable glue!!!!!! FTRPLT

A neat film!I remember when balsa wood model airplanes were the
only thing available before plastic models.They were incredibly hard
for a kid to build but also very cheap.You got your model airplane on
several sheets of balsa wood which was scored into the individual
pieces which you had to cut out with a razor blade.I always ended up
dragging the nearest adult into the project.

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":f2w4e3ur said:
A neat film!I remember when balsa wood model airplanes were the
only thing available before plastic models.They were incredibly hard
for a kid to build but also very cheap.You got your model airplane on
several sheets of balsa wood which was scored into the individual
pieces which you had to cut out with a razor blade.I always ended up
dragging the nearest adult into the project.

Winslow :sunny:
My oldest brother built a few of those. Probably still has them.

Ha! We built them and flew them. :D Cloth covered. Painted. Glued. Starting little engines with your fingers. All wire guided. Lots of fun. :D

Hello All
I wish we could go back to a time when we could work and smoke a pipe a lot more things got done.
Best Regards
Richard

ftrplt":wds8nkz3 said:
Can you imagine, in today's OHSA environment, smoking a pipe while working on a wooden product held together with inflammable glue!!!!!! FTRPLT
Be careful, inflammable means just the opposite across the pond. Inflammable = combustible in England ... or maybe that is exactly what you mean.

Anyway, smoking a pipe (or anything else for that matter) with working with wood and glue wouldn't pass today's safety standards.

I love those old newsreel items though, it reflected a belief in your government and clear goals for our society ... how I wish that applied today.