Pipe Smokers Cubby!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hermit":u9g3cjng said:
Thanks, I signed up.
Just what I need, another forum to piss away the time on. :twisted:
:lol: :lol: I'll probably sign up too.

As an update to this, Kirk over at the "Cubby" has been a really swell guy, and the membership over there, while small, is almost a "British version of BoB." I know some of you don't mind being a part of multiple forums, and with the standby time dealing with my family, it's been neat to see this new site get up and running. It's really the efforts of a couple of guys, but the vibe over there is very familiar. Kirk is a fan of BoB, too--he really looks up to this place.

They do have a new domain as of recently, http://www.pipesmokerscubby.co.uk/cubby.php

BoB is my bustling city, and Cubby is my Internet hamlet in the UK. Neat place for sure.

8)

I do actually Kyle, see, here you go letting all my secrets out again, you're so naughty, yeah okay, so I really like the sense of camaraderie that exists here and can only hope the Cubby develops such a strong bond between members. brilliant site here, you guys n gals should be proud.

Thanks, Kirk. We have our scuffles and arguments from time to time, but this is pretty much a self-moderating site with some really good people.

As you know, it does take time to develop a great forum. With that being said, I think the Cubby is coming along very nicely. The time and effort you put into it is paying off, and that's what separates a good forum from a Great forum. You're on the right track, Brother!

What a charming comment, thank you Rob, the Cubby will only be as wonderful as its members, as it stands we have absolutely superb members there now as you have here, I am so proud of everyone there. Yes, it's pretty quiet there most of the time as we are very new and it takes time for people to really feel like they belong, once they do activity there will pick up.

I feel honoured that so many good people from here have chosen to be with us at the Cubby, this tells me that I am doing some stuff right, and that is very comforting, it's very hard work keeping everything going both on the forums and behind the scenes but it's well worth it when I see folk getting along with each other, that's what it's all about after all. ;)

I should like to take a moment to thank the site owners here for not coming down on the guys for letting your members know about the Cubby, a lot of site owners can be, well, let us just say a bit hostile towards other sites being mentioned on their own sites. The BoB owners and all its members here are quite exceptional and are an inspiration to myself and anyone else who would see how a site is run well, so thanks for being what you are, a very fine bunch of folk indeed.

Regards,
Kirk.

I do like the layout of the site there. Easy to navigate as well. Nicely done!!

My wife dislikes it as well as the other Pipe and Cigar BBFs. "Just another reason to keep me on the computer (per wifey) ." :twisted:

Don't let Kirk's good way with words fool ya--the cubby knows how to keep it real and have a good time, too. I mean, he lets Rob and I in there. That says plenty. :lol: The neatest thing about the Cubby is the international draw. I like learning about how piping goes on in other countries, how it is veiwed by their local societies, what taxes/laws affect them, and of course what delightful tobaccos elude us here in the States (mixed with teasing them about what we have they don't...) :p

I don't know what happened, but I saw that the founder decided to close the forum. Anyway, if you try to visit as I did

http://www.pipesmokerscubby.com/

you'll get this two messages:

1) I know when I'm beat!

2) Sorry, but due to forces beyond my control I have been forced to close the Cubby permanently.

It was a nice place indeed :(

It was a long and more than boring story, one which i do not wish to revisit in truth, if you wish you may join me and some other scary creatures and super beasts at The Fellowship, it's in my signature. ;)

Oh THAT'S why the Fellowship was offline for a second...the little tart was changing her clothes for some different color... I was worried!

Kyle Weiss":0nh1cnez said:
Oh THAT'S why the Fellowship was offline for a second...the little tart was changing her clothes for some different color... I was worried!
Nah, our web server is crap mate, but until we are clear of this debt we're skint as (insert your own choice of words), so we have to put up with what you get for free on a webhost, naff up time and naff stability, it's only for a year, next year we'll get it sorted properly, stop crying ya big baby and get posting over there. :heart: :lol:

I'll just naff off over there when it's working, then. :cheers: It's been working great for me so far, honestly. *shrug*

The site is running on a Frontpage extension off they're own site, they get a lot of database problems, so when they're down, we're down, you'll see, no need to panic Bruv', I don't care what happens, The Fellowship is there to stay. ;)

Hell, that happens to the BoB host, too, once in a while. That's part of why I like two forums that have a connection, if one goes down, we can go to the other and "WTF?" if we need to. :)