Pipe Smoking on the Go

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gramnum1

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this... but whatever

Being a college student who can't just light up a pipe in his dorm, I am forced to find other creative places to smoke... Like this place!!!

Ahhh Hudson River..

Anyway so in order to smoke on the go I keep all of my smoking needs in one handy drawstring bag:

Contents:
La Rocca briar pipe
MM corncob pipe
pipe tool/tamper
colibri pipe lighter
colibri gas
Vanilla flovored smoking tobacco
Dunhill nightcap
Peterson De Luxe mixture
my uncle's savoy leather tobacco pouch
pipe cleaners

If you're smoking on the go, what do you guys keep your stuff in, and what do you put in it? just curious

Is the toe a flavor enhancer, or just a good luck charm? Never heard of anyone carrying a big toe in their pipe bag, but whatever.....

My on-the-go spot is the cab of a Peterbilt truck. Aside from the back porch, the most likely spot I'll be smoking a pipe is when I'm on the go in that truck. I usually don't head out with a pipe unless I know I'm going somewhere specifically to smoke a pipe, or where I know a pipefull is a likelihood, like a family picnic or some such thing. Usually that's because I know wherever I happen to be going, there's no smoking allowed, unless I want to go back to my car and smoke. Maybe once I retire and start walking for the sake of slowly walking I'll start taking along a pipe, but it seems I only walk to either get somewhere or exercise, and I'm usually in a hurry and not strolling, which is not conducive to smoking.

I smoke wherever I want unless it's posted "No Smoking" or I'm in someones home who does not smoke. I smoke in my house, in my car or while walking on the street. As far as what I take "...when out and about", the pipe in my mouth, with mabe another in a shirt or jacket pocket, my 'bac in my roll-up pouch in my back pocket, pipe nail in a front jeans pocket , my old Dunhill or Zippo lighter in the other pocket, about 6 cleaners in the roll-up and away I go! I try and adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle :twisted: You carry WAAAY to much stuff :twisted: :twisted:

I do it more or less like you as well, Monbla. Pouch in the back pocket, pipetool and lighter in front right and pipe in the hand /mouth! Anywhere and everywhere. If the pipe is not in the mouth, the furthest it can be is a stretch of my arm. :lol:

I like to smoke here:

4102194226_7e2b672fcd.jpg

The Fairhope Pier. It's always busy with fishing activity, couples, tourists, locals and so on. The view is great and it's a nice long walk. I typically just load my pipe, and throw it in my pocket with a lighter and tamper. Actually the pipe goes in one pocket and the metal items go in another ;) I pack light I guess. When the tobacco is done, I go home.