Pipe smoking too hot, help needed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djf1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

The first pipe I picked on my recent PAD attack is a beautiful Randy Wiley Dublin. The pipe not only is gorgeous, but draws beautifully and it did this from the start. The only issue i identified was that it smoked very hot and I have been really careful as I smoke only Virginia's which tend to burn hotter. I slowed down even to the point of following the 60 second puff and still the pipe smokes hot from the middle of the bowl down. This is my only pipe that actually tends to extinguish extremely slow and I guess the amber continues to burn even though I do not puff.
Certainly no other pipe in my current collection smokes hot with the way i smoke so I'm a bit puzzled.
Is it because its so new? I have smoked quite a few bowls so far, cake has been a little tough to form so far and I'm really scared that I will end up burning such a beautiful piece.

Your thoughts/ advise is appreciated.

Dublin's can have fairly thin walls near the bottom - I have one that fells quite hot for that reason, and within reason I smoke it hot.