Pipe Stone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordTemplar

Reaction score
Anyone ever use red Pipe Stone to make a pipe? I am thinking of making one out of the hunk of rock I have. It would be much like an Indian Peace Pipe. Takes me back to some of my ancestors.

LordTemplar":bau8t1hk said:
Anyone ever use red Pipe Stone to make a pipe?  I am thinking of making one out of the hunk of rock I have.  It would be much like an Indian Peace Pipe.  Takes me back to some of my ancestors.
Rekamepip works with red Pipe Stone.

DSCN2691_zpsb64ef05c.jpg
" />

LordTemplar":6gflutks said:
Anyone ever use red Pipe Stone to make a pipe?  I am thinking of making one out of the hunk of rock I have.  It would be much like an Indian Peace Pipe.  Takes me back to some of my ancestors.
I have a Rekamepip pipestone

pipestone_c.jpg

Coastie3202":vvler5k0 said:
LordTemplar":vvler5k0 said:
Rekamepip works with red Pipe Stone.

DSCN2691_zpsb64ef05c.jpg
" />
Now that one I like the looks of sir. Ya won't get stoned for smoking that one.

These are excellent photos Brothers. I really appreciate seeing them. I have perused some pictures mysel and the ones I have seen are mainly Indian. I will have to get to work on my piece of stone. I really like the looks of both of those.

LordTemplar":jwtjz2cm said:
These are excellent photos Brothers.  I really appreciate seeing them.  I have perused some pictures mysel and the ones I have seen are mainly Indian.  I will have to get to work on my piece of stone.  I really like the looks of both of those.
Can those pipe actually be used for smoking or are they pure ornamental  :oops: 

SpeedyPete":efx2wx36 said:
LordTemplar":efx2wx36 said:
These are excellent photos Brothers.  I really appreciate seeing them.  I have perused some pictures mysel and the ones I have seen are mainly Indian.  I will have to get to work on my piece of stone.  I really like the looks of both of those.
Can those pipe actually be used for smoking or are they pure ornamental  :oops: 
They are excellent smokers. They do not get hot and they don't ghost. I enjoy mine. They can be a bit heavy to clinch though.

LordTemplar":x6weg90j said:
Pipestone
Red Catlinite or Black Steatite
either way it is the BEST !

:cheers: 

I have been wanting to buy a clay tavern pipe but decided to make something similar instead

Here is my latest pipestone pipe
very thin walled and very fragile
smokes like a clay and weighs about 1.5oz

100_7311.jpg
" />

somehow it worked out really well to make a cob shaped bowl out of pipestone mounted onto a missouri meerschaum shank and stem ( or fancy stem upgrade )
and thus
the Rock Cob tobacco pipe

100_4212.jpg
" />

rekamepip":bwes3w5u said:
somehow it worked out really well to make a cob shaped bowl out of pipestone mounted onto a missouri meerschaum shank and stem ( or fancy stem upgrade )
and thus
the Rock Cob tobacco pipe

100_4212.jpg
" />
Now that right there is a fine looking piece if I ever saw one!

:tongue: 

Cheers,

RR

I really rather carve traditional pipes out of pipestone
100_1411.jpg
" />

bp210.jpg
" />

104_0010.jpg
" />

but for an everyday smoker these work great !

100_4515.jpg
" />