Pipe-tinted movie review site

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreverT

Reaction score
Some of you crazy cats might be interested in this - I've just created a little side project, a hobby I've been noodling over for a while now. It's a movie review blog as written by a pipe & beer lover, complete with suggested pipes and libations matched to each movie. You'll need to have a taste for the offbeat and a love of old horror films, though. Check it out here:

Kentucky Fried Popcorn
http://kentuckyfriedpopcorn.blogspot.com/

The "About Me" page pretty much sums up everything I want to do with it. This is not going to be a place to look for reviews of Transformers 6 3D. This is going to be a place to look for reviews of Peter Cushing Hammer films. Not a huge amount of content yet, but it just opened yesterday. Hope you enjoy!

Grade A, prime quality stuff there, Trever. The reviews have great tone---just the right amount of depth, humor, and film-student perspective. A "fun is serious stuff" sort of vibe. Great job.

I'll bet you liked the Astounding B Monster site back in the day, huh?

TreverT":rblda8fd said:
Turns out the house was originally a mortuary run by a crazed doctor who used a psychic boy to contact the afterlife for seances, and bound the spirits of his dead customers to the house by mummifying their bodies and hiding them on the grounds. Why? This is never explained. But it's the kind of thing I'd do for fun on a weekend, so I'll let it pass. (From Kentucky Fried Popcorn)
I'll be honest man, I'm still laughing, literally, at this line. Maybe because it sums up the suspension of, well, normal thinking, required to really get into most any horror picture better than anything I have ever read.

Great site dude.

LL":8kvb5jf1 said:
Grade A, prime quality stuff there, Trever. The reviews have great tone---just the right amount of depth, humor, and film-student perspective. A "fun is serious stuff" sort of vibe. Great job.

I'll bet you liked the Astounding B Monster site back in the day, huh?
Actually, I've never even heard of that. But I'm perpetually boggled by just how many genre sites there are on the net. "Back in the day", for me, was Famous Monsters of Filmland - I had a collection of issues from the 60's and 70's that I built up from yard sales and such, and back in 1976 my youthful world was pretty much reading FM, building and painting the Aurora monster kits, and staying up late to watch the local horror host's midnight movie.

One last thing to note - I've just added a little mini-forum to the Kentucky Fried Popcorn site, for posting short reviews, general chat, and even a bit of pipe, tobacco, & beer commentary. Stop in and say hi if you have a chance! It just opened today, so needless to say, there aren't many posts yet...

Kentucky Fried Popcorn Forum