Pipe & Tobacco - killing two birds with one stone.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airborne said:
Harlock999":8mzta091 said:
And I’m having a ball doing it! Even with the wife’s approval!
Well that's the name of the game!
It's such a fun hobby/activity/lifestyle, whichever applies. I'm feeling inspired by your enthusiasm!

I was in the shop on Monday evening, just missed you! I looked at several pipes, but ouch, those NY taxes put me off a bit. I assume it is worse in Canada? Very accommodating folks and a great shop. Enjoy the new acquisition!

Airborne":rdypgxdo said:
You get around. Are you a trucker?
Ha, no, but sometimes I feel like one! I'm in the restaurant business and have a number of locations on the NJ/NY/PA turnpike systems, travel plaza's. I visit each quarterly, seven on the NY Thruway, so Albany becomes a central point. If you want another great shop (better prices, tremendous bulk selection), try PipesandCigars.com about 40 minutes South of Lake George, near Albany. Same type of people, but a vastly bigger selection.

Riff and Airborne: And also there is Park Lane Tobacco Shop just off the Northway in Clifton Park. (just north of the Twin Bridges between Albany NY and Queensbury NY.

Very nice additions, indeed. I certainly can sympathize with you about the loss of the previous collection. I did the same thing about 20 years ago. :cry: Luckily, I kept some of my very favorites and a custom made wall-hanging pipe cabinet my wife had a cabinet maker build as a surprise for me. So when I recently decided to start up again, I too started each day with a swift kick to my arse for ever getting rid of any of my previous collection. Never again!! Anyway, you are still a very young man and you have many years of collecting ahead of you to acquire the dozens you so richly deserve. :cheers:

Airborne":9pgdxmai said:
[…] Came back with one of Viprati’s pipes in the Salvador Dali series. […]
Congratulations! I really enjoy looking at this. Thanks for showing it.