PipePuffer's Pipe Collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipePuffer

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread to showcase my current pipe collection. I will post pictures of future pipe acquisitions here as well.

Here we go:

(from left to right and from top to bottom)

1) Gardesana natural lucite 06. My very first pipe. I now use it as a tester pipe.
2) Armellini smooth bent churchwarden
3) Savinelli Trevi smooth 114KS
4) Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen VI smooth
5) Poul Winslow crown collector
6) Peterson system smooth M303 fishtail
7) Il Ceppo smooth bent dublin (5)
8 ) Pierre Morel Handmade

set110.jpg

1) Peterson supreme with gold band (15), P-lip
2) Petersen supreme with gold band (69), P-lip
3) Castello collection bent billiard (KKK), 1987
4) Savinelli churchwarden smooth (404)
5) Erik Nording (grading 14)
6) Viprati 5-clover handmade
7) Castello collection hawkbill (KKKK), 1999
8 ) J.M. Boswell handmade 2009 (huge!)

set210.jpg

1) Peterson belgique
2) Lorenzetti 24K (1934)
3) Savinelli Oscar Dry poker 310KS
4) J.M. Boswell handmade 2010
5) Armellini smooth bent churchwarden
6) Stefano Santambrogio volcano
7) Viprati 4-clover calabash
8 ) Mark Tinsky unique bent 629

set310.jpg

Holy smokes! No pun intended! That is a very nice collection,

Martin

Wonderful collection that demonstrates the care, attention to detail, and creativity of assembling this fine family of briars. A fine assortment of grains types and pipe shapes. Observing the beauty and endless variety of briar wood is a significant part of the joy of this hobby. Top it off with the search for the perfect blend of the mighty leaf, and we have an endless source of joy and quiet smoke.

Thanks for sharing your collections and happy smoking!

Best regards

Puffer;
I can see from the photos that you take pride in caring for your Pipes.
That endavor requires a lot of time and dedication. The care is revealed in the photos.I also dedicate a great deal of time to pipe maintance, mainly because I like the visual apeal. I dont have to smoke them to enjoy them. Great collection.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

"There's a story behind every bowl"

Thanks nosenhoj,

I do take pride in caring for my pipes. They are not cheap, and will last a lifetime if properly taken care of. In addition, I come from a long line of wood workers and I appreciate the look of a beautiful wood grain. Pipes may be utilitarian objects but they are also works of art in their own right.

That's what I call "eye candy!" The photography is really nice, also.

these are some beautiful pipes! Enjoy them in good health.

Very nice selection. Especially the Top of the line Peterson Supremes.
Thanks for sharing.
Doc

Puffer;

What kind of Wax/Polish are you using on most of your pipes?

"There's a story behind every bowl"

I wipe my pipes down with a soft microfiber cloth after each smoke to remove the skin oil from the wood finish. When the finish becomes too dull, I use unbleached beeswax and a buffing wheel to restore the shine.

All of those are very nice but if you're done with that Il Ceppo in the first set of pics I'd be glad to take it off your hands. :D

Beautiful pipe collection. You don't see Pierre Morel pipes that often. Yours is super!

raf66":wtwioatx said:
All of those are very nice but if you're done with that Il Ceppo in the first set of pics I'd be glad to take it off your hands. :D
That Il Ceppo is my dedicated Escudo pipe and it gets plenty of use!

Airborne":dslgrh4y said:
Beautiful pipe collection. You don't see Pierre Morel pipes that often. Yours is super!
Indeed, they are quite difficult to find. Luckily, one of the pipe shops in my area carries a few of them.

A very beautiful collection. You have some outstanding pieces and it´s quite hard to pick a favorite, but your Castello hawkbill is really extraordinary pleasing to the eye.

Thanks for showing your pipes and kind regards
Thilo