Pipes and Beverage

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichiganScott

Reaction score
Anybody like Bushmills and Gingerale "Vernors" preferably, while enjoying a pipe or cigar?
I've heard some people say you shouldn't drink anything carbonated while smoking, but I really enjoy that combanation.

Got a nice full flavored stout right now, with an unnamed aeromatic, pretty good mix.

MichiganScott":28852wyl said:
Anybody like Bushmills and Gingerale "Vernors" preferably, while enjoying a pipe or cigar?
I've heard some people say you shouldn't drink anything carbonated while smoking, but I really enjoy that combanation.

Got a nice full flavored stout right now, with an unnamed aeromatic, pretty good mix.
Try some real bitey McBaren's Virginia and some Gingerale and tell us what you think :p

Honestly, I like a nice cold Coke with my aromatics. The Coke give you the sweetness you're looking for out of the tobacco. Of course, I'll drink Coke with anything.

I like a good scotch with my cigars though.

DrT999":b2nucu75 said:
Glengarry Flake in a Jobey strawberry
I think Dr.T hit the wrong thread. :p

You can tell a Michigan boy by his taste in ginger ale. :D Although I don't drink soda with my pipe, and take my whisky neat, I can see how that would work. From a mixology standpoint, Vernors is so dark and sweet it can stand in for cola. If you like one with your pipe, you'll probably like the other.

George Kaplan":w6vik0zg said:
DrT999":w6vik0zg said:
Glengarry Flake in a Jobey strawberry
I think Dr.T hit the wrong thread. :p

You can tell a Michigan boy by his taste in ginger ale. :D Although I don't drink soda with my pipe, and take my whisky neat, I can see how that would work. From a mixology standpoint, Vernors is so dark and sweet it can stand in for cola. If you like one with your pipe, you'll probably like the other.
Poop, so I did! At least it was the right forum catagory. . . .:oops:

Rob_In_MO":b1hfrfvl said:
Growley":b1hfrfvl said:
Of course, I'll drink Coke with anything.

Yeah - especially with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum! 8)

OMG! there, that's my texting slang; Captain and Coke! I was introduced to that a few years back, I'd say 1984 when I was stationed in El Toro. I liked it A LOT!, so a couple of years later my squadron was in Japan and I introduced my fellow Marines in my work center, and before I knew it they, well we bought every case the PX had. My memories of that month are a bit foggy.

I prefer to smoke EMP with a nice cup of Hong Kong Style milk tea with sugar.

I prefers sweet tea or a really fizzy coke. To get over tong bite when i first started I smoked a big bowl of borkum riff irish wiskey and drank a coke cola out of a glass bottle, after that nothing else seems as bad lol.

I try not to drink while smoking but ocassionally during the morning Coffee, however, I have found that eating pistachios specially spiced flavored provide me with a satisfying flavor. anyone else?

I like to drink a nice latte with my morning pipe of Gaelic Blend (a sort of coffee/caramel aromatic). I think that the coffee helps to acentuate(sp?) the flavour of the tobbaco.

2 dashes of Aromatic Bitters
Sailor Jerry's
Lime wedge squeezed
Ginger Ale

Has been my beverage of choice for the summer to go with my Nightcap/Royal Yacht/Frog Morton on the Town. Although we had a pool party 2 weekends ago and we demolished a handle of Sailor Jerry's. Everyone told me the next day I had a lot of fun!

I like to enjoy my tobbacs with either black coffee or neat whisky but I'm diabetic and the only carbonated drinks I can have are full of more poison then the tobacco(aspartame). I do like bushmills though its a fine irish whiskey nice honey lemon profile to it.

I find myself typically enjoying my smokes with black coffee, a latte, or a stout beer. This might sound a little crazy but I've found the best beverage to drink with a cigar is chocolate milk.

Cuban coffee in the morning,Monster Hammer Espresso energy drink mid day, and Pyrat rum or Balvenie Doublewood in the evening. 8)

For a nightcap, a good English tobacco with a good bourbon. I find the peat flavors of Scotch compete too much with Latakia.

McClelland's Virginia Woods and Bulleit Rye. These two products should be packaged together in a pipe/glass/bottle/tin gift pack for the holidays. ;)

I had a glass of Havana Club 7 Anos with a pipeful of GLP Sextant the other night. That was a relaxing evening and the flavors complemented one another nicely.

Had a good night of drinking yesterday and decided to end the night with a glass of Grand Marnier and Dunhill Royal Yacht..and it was delicious!

Don't know if it was a combination of the drink and tobacco or if it was just the drinking in general but will test the theory out again!