Pipes and Cigars are like Beer and Scotch with buddies

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIPIPE

Reaction score
I've found that men who like one like them all. It's just a matter of time and experience on the trail. Once the "goodness" is experienced the testosterone handles the rest. I've been smoking pipes for a while, and now I find that a 60 ring maduro cigar is very pleasing to the mind and the soul. Needless to say, the pleasure of a great smoke is enhanced with a thirst quencher. Best yet is a shirtless video smoke. I've done it a few times with friends across the country and it has been a fun experience.

A shirtless video smoke??? Not that there's anything wrong with that,,,

LIPIPE":m2q9to1i said:
I've found that men who like one like them all. It's just a matter of time and experience on the trail. Once the "goodness" is experienced the testosterone handles the rest. I've been smoking pipes for a while, and now I find that a 60 ring maduro cigar is very pleasing to the mind and the soul. Needless to say, the pleasure of a great smoke is enhanced with a thirst quencher. Best yet is a shirtless video smoke. I've done it a few times with friends across the country and it has been a fun experience.
Glad you've had pleasurable experiences, but I think it's more of an age thing, at least down here. My experience with many of the 20/30 something cigar smoking "bubbas" down here has not been very pleasurable. Most act like , and I've heard some say "... those old fart pipe smokers" and that's the way they work. The cigar smokers who are more my age are far more accepting it seems to me and my experience here. :p

Monbla: Now pushing 65, like you I'm an old fart smoker and quite proud of myself. Many a 30/40 bubba poops out and then they're nothing to talk about. The trick in life is to enjoy your spot along the way wherever you are and wherever it leads. Enjoy your smokes old man and rest assured that this old man is doing just the same.

I once pondered, pipe in hand, with a friend, if there were more assholes in the world or not, us observing some species of jerk akin to the 20/30 year olds Monbla is describing. We came to the conclusion that no, in fact, there is the exact same percentage per population of assholes, but there's two things going on: there's more people, and more easy opportunities for people to be assholes unhindered.

That said, I conclude it is not their wares, be they cigars, pipes or drink.

Tobacco does not fix the world, it is just a reward for those decent enough to partake in all it has to offer. So to these jerks who abuse it: they're getting theirs by never knowing what it is like to fully enjoy the full picture. Any look I give them is in pity. If they push the envelope and insist on conflict, I figure it is their way of feeling shame. I wouldn't want someone staring at me making a silly mistake with something I'm convinced I know, either. It's very uncomfortable. Out of respect, I usually leave, but sometimes it's appropriate to tell them to relax and not be rude.

There's an upside to more people on this rock: more opportunities to find good folks to smoke and drink around.

8)

Mark: Yup. A shirtless video smoke. Air the chest, rub the fur, and enjoy very comfortable relaxation with good friends. I encourage all to "pick up a smoke and try it sometime". .....Now where did I hear that last?......Could it have been about Muriel Cigars???