Pipes PAD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipe Smoker

Reaction score
I'm in big dilema. I have exactly 20 pipes, 12-13 pipes are in daily rotation. Sometimes happened to me, I don't have pipes for smoke. When I smoke these 13 pipes a day, next 7 I smoked from 9 a.m - 16 p. m. next day. Some of these 13 still need rest 24 hrs. Before one week, I smoke 16 pipes a day, and same night I must working night shift. So, what's happened!? Till midnight, I smoke last four pipes. Till morning 7 a.m., when my shift over, I'll go a little crazy without tobacco .... Try to understand me, I can't resist when pipes and pipe tobacco are in my mind.

Only interested me, for engrained pipe smoker like me, how much pipes do I need? 30? 40? And, you, guys, which number of pipes do you have in your collection? I think, this 20 pipes simply not enough for me ... :(

I have about 110. I smoke probably 60% of them on a regular basis. The others are either special occasion pipes or pipes that are too sentimental to part with.

I figure a man serious about smoking needs about 50 if he wants a regular rotation and wants to smoke aromatics, virginia/burley blends, and english blends. Two pipes dedicated to each different type per day.

Ocelot55":pij1txej said:
I figure a man serious about smoking needs about 50 if he wants a regular rotation and wants to smoke aromatics, virginia/burley blends, and english blends. Two pipes dedicated to each different type per day.
50 is a very pretty number.... I smoke only english and virginia/burley blends, only have a one aromatic (Dan Tobacco DaVINCI). I also think, 50-60 is a nice collection for serious smoker.

I have 33.. about half are some I've made, but I smoke all but about 10 of them on a regular basis.... whatever tobacco hits my fancy at the time.....12 are pipes I made myself... and 6 of those are rejects I just smoke in my shop.. if your dilema is too large I'd invest in some cobs.. they will not break the bank and are good smokers... I wish everybody would buy up my stock ;-) but if you're just looking at increasing what you have then check out Vauen on Smokingpipes.com

they are really an underrated pipe in the US .. I know I paid significantly more for the ones I own over here... and they are great pipes... and I will say that my Kaywoodies (1955 era) are a favorite of mine..along with WO Larsen and Petersons (1985ish)..a good (or repairable) estate pipe is well worth the cost for increasing the stable...

james