Pipesmagazine.com

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
For the past several months I've been unable to go to either the main URL or any of its subordinates. I get the message "access to the server denied" or a help page that gives several generic reasons for my being unable to connect. Though I don't think that my internet servers are somehow faulty, it doesn't make sense that an online magazine would be intentionally inaccessible. I can't even connect such that I could become a paid member.

Interesting...I've had no problems accessing Pipesmagazine.com at all. I read pretty much all of the articles there and tune in to weekly radio show each week.

I've never had trouble with pipesmagazine.com

Doesn't mean there isn't a network hop someplace that certain people's connection doesn't like routing.

*shrug*

I get this:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Test Page, as a big red banner. Then it says:

This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.

Are you sure you are going to the right site, e.g. no typos, not "https", no ":$portnumber" or anything? Try googling for "pipes magazine" and clicking the link that Google gives you.

Does this link work, or generate the same error? http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/

If you're still errored, try a different browser. I'm assuming you're using a modern well-supported browser like Chrome or Firefox, and you're not using extensions.

If all that still fails, try on another computer, or, better, a different computer on a different network, e.g. Chrome on a laptop in a coffee shop.

Sorry guys. We've been battling a HUGE amount of spam and banning entire ip ranges.

Please email me your ip address (do not post it here or anywhere in public), and I will be sure you can access the site.

You can find your ip address by visiting this url:
http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup

You can email me here:
email.gif

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Being the conspiracy nut that I am I suspect an anti-tobacco DOS attack.

But then that's just me ...

Hi Kevin,

I can now get to your site but am having issues loging in. I feel very frustrated with your admittedly high-quality publication. I was told I had registered after going through that process and clicking on the link in the email that you sent to my designated account. When I did so it told me that I had successfully activated my account. Yet trying to login just now it rejects the very userid I created and that I was told was valid.

For now I give up. It's just not worth the frustration.

Update: I noticed that the activation email you sent had another form for my userid with which I had tried to register but which the system rejected. In trying to login with it it was accepted, but now my password is being rejected.

In short, you have a big mess, which doubtless you need not be told!!

Thanks,

Mike