Pipkin pipes (picture heavy)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retrogasm

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything about Petr Kucera on this, or any other forum for that matter, and I'm beginning to wonder if the guy is just a complete unknown over here. I think he has an exclusive deal with The Danish Pipeshop to distribute his pipes so I guess that could be part of it, that they don't ever pop up among the US dealerships.

In any case, I'm surprised because he churns out some of the best looking pipes I've ever seen. It's not just about craftmanship, although he sure has that in spades, but it's the way he plays with form and finish and yet retains insane balace in his shapes. When I look at them I just go, yeah, that's what this pipe is supposed to look like. There's not a line or curve out of place.

These pipes are a bit out of my bargain-estate-pipe price range but dirt cheap for what you get. Hopefully this will continue to be true down the line since I can't really picture a pipe I would want more than some of these:

Squat Dublin
squat_10.jpg

squat_11.jpg

squat_12.jpg

Oomdesian
oomdes10.jpg

oomdes11.jpg

Full Bent Apple
fbappl10.jpg

fbappl11.jpg

Apple
apple10.jpg

apple210.jpg

I personally don't like this next shape much, but...it's crazy, no one does that!

Leopard Oom Paul
leopar10.jpg

leopar11.jpg

Wow, those are some cool pipes. The rusticated apple and the oomdesian are my faves out of the bunch. He does have an eye for detail. Is there a website to visit for these?

Brewdude":tfk4s23k said:
Interesting stuff to be sure. Really like the Apple. The others not so much.

Wonder how he drilled the airway in the Oomdesian!?

Cheers,

RR
BD, I would think he drilled the draft hole before adding the shank extension so sadly for me it won't pass the cleaner test but, I like them all anyway.  ;) 

Brewdude":7oe86sek said:

Cheers,

RR
Ron is quite correct, it would have been done something like this (it's a quick mock-up so not precise):

7547b.jpg

The extension would be glued in place after the mortise and draught holes are drilled.

Briar Spirit":cvjyi0q7 said:
Brewdude":cvjyi0q7 said:

Cheers,

RR
Ron is quite correct, it would have been done something like this (it's a quick mock-up so not precise):

7547b.jpg

The extension would be glued in place after the mortise and draught holes are drilled.
Ah so!

266_animated_chinese_man_bowing.gif

Cheers,

RR

Those are beautiful. The exterior of the full bent apple is super cool. Based on intriguing exterior treatment alone my next pipe I would purchase would be a commission with our very own DSH's moonrock treatment but this would be up near the top of the list as I quite like it.